Six of Crows x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Hey," I wiped my tears, sniffed once and turned around to see Wylan and Jesper. They both walked towards me, sitting on either side of me. Wylan brought me under his arm in a way of hugging me, Jesper wrapping an arm on both mine and Wylan's shoulders. I couldn't help but let out a sob. Wylan and Jesper stood with me and hugged me tightly.

"Here we are free-falling in the dark
And holding daggers to our hearts
This could be the gamble of our lives
But you can't kill what's already died."

"Remember, you're never alone, alright? We care about you." Wylan said, squeezing me slightly. Jesper wiped away my tears and nodded. "You're a very important member to the Crows, alright? Now dry those tears, and let's go gamble."

"Jesper!" Wylan yelled.
"What?" Jesper shrugged.
I laughed a lot, smiling.

"Let's light this up anyway
And live to dance in the flames."

"Hey Y/n! What's up?" Wylan asked as I got closer. I noticed he had placed an incorrect item and when I looked at his notes I shook my head. "That shouldn't mix. The acid would spit everywhere. Instead you add this."

And the rest of the day, I was showing him different formulas which surprised him. He ended up doing some new formulas, with my help of course. I was glad, that he was breaking away from his father's golden chains.

"A son bound by golden chains
He just wants to breakaway
He fights among the cursed six of crows
Where does he come from, we'll never know."

"Jesper!" I cried out. He was gonna get hit. I stood with his father and Wylan. I ran forward and with a ball of explosive material and poisonous gas threw it at the roofs where I knew Kaz and Matthias weren't. The next thing I know, Jesper grabbed me and we both jumped in the fountain. Wylan had thrown something else at the people on the same floor as us.

Jesper hugged me close to protect me. I didn't have a problem with that, after all it was either hug Jesper or die, and I prefer hugging Jesper. Besides, he is a big teddy bear when he hugs so I love his hugs when he cheers me up. Finally, the sharpshooter aimed high up at a few more people and shot.

"A sharpshooter aiming high
This time, he will get it right
He fights among the cursed six of crows
Where does that come from, we'll never know, never know."

"She saved your life Kaz, and she's only a child. You have to go easy on her," Inej told Kaz as they both were in his room. Kaz didn't react at all. Instead, he just shook his head. "She should learn to face the demons of this world. It's not always gonna be sunshine and rainbows."

I had enough. Now, finally twelve year old me ended up bursting through his office. I glared at him. Inej and Kaz were paralysed in place. My boots hit the floor with angry stomps.

"You don't THINK I know how rough this world is?! DO you know the only time I was EVER HAPPY?! IT WAS WHEN I CAME HERE, KAZ!" I yelled, my fear of him entirely gone. "My parents tried to HAVE ME MURDERED for being Grisha! My own brother, WHO WAS A WARRIOR, tried to KILL me JUST because I am GRISHA. To you, everyone was taken away! Your brother died! My own brother tried to kill me!" At this point I was sobbing.

I couldn't help it. I ran out of his office, I could only guess Inej either was following me or too paralysed to move.

"Can you hear the ocean calling?
Leave behind the feathers falling
In our wake as we surrender
All our doubt."

"If only... if only I wasn't ever born Grisha..." I sobbed. I couldn't help it. "If only... if only I was just a normal human... not a drüsje." I cried. I cried harder than I have ever cried before.

"Can you remember
What it feels like to be human?
Maybe this is how we'll lose it all.
We left our souls with the devil where they belong."

I was running.
Tante Heleen thought I was pretty enough to be in the Menagerie. Luckily, the one thing I did was blow up her place, but that made her angry. Now she wants me dead. Great job, Y/n. I knew better than to run towards the Crow Club. After what happened, I don't think Kaz wants me back. When I was cornered, I was just about to throw my last explosive before I saw Inej. Of course, her footsteps were silent like a ghost's.

Inej came up to me. "Y/n... I'm sorry I didn't do anything."

Tears pricked my eyes. I couldn't do anything. I just ran and hugged her, repeating over and over again, "I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

Inej told me there was nothing to forgive. Instead I was to choose whether I forgave her, which of course I did.

"Silent footsteps of a ghost
I think she died long ago
She fights among the cursed six of crows
Where is her heart, we may never know"

I was outside, still thinking about everything. I heard someone tapping a cane on the ground.
Kaz.
I didn't turn to look at him. Kaz instead tried to sit down beside me at the docks.

"I'm sorry." Kaz suddenly said. I shook my head, wiping away my tears. "It doesn't matter."

"I will be honest, the main reason I didn't want you in the dregs, is because you're sister material. I view you like a small child, a young sister, so I don't want you getting hurt, even though you have already been corrupted."

I looked at him. "Really? Wow... honestly I didn't think I'd ever want a family to be dead before I was born. I hated my 'mom' and 'dad' and 'brother'. I never thought I would hate them and honestly, no matter how wrong it is, I wouldn't care if they died."

"That's great, because I sent out Nina and Matthias to try and hurt your family." Kaz said with a small smile. I smiled back and hugged him, before realising my mistake. When I felt him stiffen, that's when I immediately jumped back. "I'm sorry, Kaz. I didn't mean to-"

"It's alright, just, try not to do it again," Kaz said, "Would you like to hear a story about... Jordie?" He asked hesitantly. I nodded my head rapidly.

While listening to him talking about Jordie, we both looked up at the cloudy sky. All I know, is that I won't let him march through this world alone.

"A boy with a broken soul
Marching through this world alone
He fights among the cursed six of crows
Where is his heart, he may never know, never know."

I finally closed the Crow Club for the day. I though back to all my memories with my friends. My screams for Matthias, my tears for Nina, my hugs from Jesper, the formulas with Wylan, the friendship from Inej, and the protectiveness of Kaz.

I looked back at the tattoo I had. The Crow and the chalice. That's what we were. The Crows, but what happened to us, you're wondering?
I was the youngest, so in his will, Kaz signed the rights of the club to me as he and the crows slowly passed on, leaving me behind. I was ready for death to come take me any day now, but I said I would make use of the bar, and then turn it into something Kaz would approve of.