45. She was all over you

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay?" Dad asked.

"What?" I shook my head.

"Yes, I'm fine," I didn't quite get what he had said or why, but then I found my hands turned into fists. I can understand why people would find Teresa attractive. Perfect skin, shape, long flamy hair and beautiful green eyes that are to die for. She is more of the range of Rylan's age and they have work in common. 

"I'll just head home for tonight," I told my father and he didn't even frown at me.

"Good night, Hadley," He said and I honestly don't remember the last time he said that. Perhaps when I was a little girl, which is a long time ago. I walked towards the entrance but met eyes with Rylan quickly before I left for the door. Worry was written in those blue, but for now, I want to go home.

It took Rylan not long until she placed herself in the car next to me. Yet, quietness is hanging thickly in the air like a fog as we are on the way home. I bit my inner cheek as I leaned against the door and each street lamp that passed us by washed over me with their light. The thought of Teresa trying to touch Rylan came to mind and it felt as if everything in my belly wanted to come up. But, it was also that shimmer in her eyes when she saw Rylan that took me off guard. 

I trailed after Rylan out of the elevator and through the hallway. As we reached our apartments, I unlocked my own and expected her to follow after me. But, instead, she went for her own apartment door. I blinked as she went inside. Then, with fury, I took off my high heels into my hand and rushed in after her and slammed the door shut. She didn't even flinch nor turn around to face me. I breathed deeply but couldn't control my anger as I threw one of my shoes at her back to get her attention. Slowly Rylan finally turned around to face me.

"Did you just throw your shoe at me?" She asked calmly as she tilted her head. I threw the other one and she caught it against her shoulder. She watched me dumbfounded. The complete strike of confusion only added wood to the fire that is already blazing within me.

"She was flirting with you!" I pointed out and now Rylan's shoulders sank as realization caught on. 

"No, she wasn't," Rylan shook her head. 

"I'm not blind, Ry. She was all over you with her eyes and she wanted to touch you," I argued.

"I don't blame her. I mean, you are so," I indicated with my hand at her as I couldn't find the words as my mind is all a blur. 

"And I don't blame you for finding her attractive because she clearly is beautiful and," I took a deep breath as I forgot to breathe through my rambling. 

"I can understand that you would prefer her company as she has more in common with you. Then there is the fact that I'm younger than you, and"

"Stop," Rylan interrupted me and stepped towards me. I stared right up at her as I breathed heavily. 

"She was all over you," The thought made me shiver and hit her on the shoulders rapidly until she took hold of my wrists and as I tried to fight her grip, my back hit the door. 

"Calm down," She said and I tried to get my hands out of hers but gave up in the end. She looked at me for a long moment and it gave me time to relax my nerves. 

"Maybe she was all over me. I don't know. All we talked about was the things we did in the military and I'm not going to deny that I sometimes miss being there, but," She closed her eyes and then looked at me with all seriousness. 

"You, Hadley, are the only one that I can't stop thinking about. I'm breaking the rules for you. I feel comfortable around you and I can't stop myself from wanting you. You honestly think I would switch you out with someone else just like that?" She asked firmly as she watched me with pain and frustration.  She looked up at her hands and blinked in shock as she let my wrists go.