the square root of 69

_________________________________________________________________________________

SQUARE ROOT OF 69

                 I’m just a geek that always wanted to be one of the cool girls, but I just can’t get enough of learning. It’s like a guilty pleasure, to read you’re math book like five times and do more than you are expected on your homework. Why am I so lame? I don’t know. So I cross the street when the green man appears on the lights, I slowly start walking and look away from the people that stare at me and think what a geek I am. Sometimes I catch them laughing, and sometimes I hear people go “mooo!!!” but I don’t mind…

                The cool girls passed by listening to this rapper called drake, and hear him sing “the square root of sixty-nine is eight somethin’ right cause I’ve been trying to work it out, oh…” and the clique start to sing along. Once you think about it, the square root of sixty-nine is actually… I take out my math notebook and start scribbling math equations and numbers.Ah, there we go, Its 8.306623862918075. Oh my gosh. Who am I kidding?! It was just a freak-in song!! I shove my stupid math notebook inside my black backpack; at least the color black is cool, right?

                “Good morning class. Today we will be learning topology, get out your math notebooks!” i couldn’t believe we were learning this! I covered this yesterday night! I should solve the problems, this is so much fun! “Whoa, your face totally started shinning when she said topology. You are such a geek bitch, whatever that means” Stella said. I hated the way she commented on me every day, is she jealous or something? Oh no, now comes that gangster girl Samantha. “Oh, can I see your math notebook please?” she said. Wow. Did she think I’m cool and like, like… before I can even hand it over she grabbed it and walked toward the trash can and… oh no. “This is what I think of you and math! I totally think you should too!” she yelled. Everybody ran to her side and tried to cool her off while her boyfriend crashes through the crown and gets closer to her in a sexy way. Why couldn’t math be a real person and he did the same thing to me? We would solve math problems and he would help me learn more about math.

                Everybody forgot all about the teacher and when they looked back at her brown old desk, she was gone. People looked back at Samantha and started admiring her. A minute later the teacher comes in with the principle, Mr. Brown and they command Samantha to come with them. She groans and says "Fuck my life! Why aint i expelled already!!" i feel bad for her. That would really ruin her record.. oh god i need to shut up.