Death Painting Arc -Part I-

Start from the beginning

"Do you mean that tale?" one of the two underclassmen suddenly spoke. "About the Yasohachi Bridge bungee jumping?" She glanced at them before looking to the ground, fingers on her lips. It was just like what she has expected.

"Yasohachi Bridge?" Itadori asked.

"A notorious suicide spot," Fushiguro explained. "It's a well-known in this area as a haunted location."

"Oh, that's right! Back then, it was all the rage among delinquents to bungee jump off Yasohachi Bridge late at night. It was one of those tests of courage," Takeda explained.

"What a weird tribe," Kugisaki roasted

"I'm surprised there are people dumber than me!" Itadori chirped happily.

"What do you use for a cord?" Fushiguro mumbled.

"We don't do it," the underclassmen cleared. "I just heard some students from our parents' generation talking about it."

"One day, Kanada and the other three were absent without permission," Takeda suddenly spoke. "That wasn't all that unusual by itself, but when we contacted their families, we learned those four hadn't come home the day before. It caused a pretty big stir. Then they were found unconscious under the bridge. They got chewed out good, but all four swore up and down they didn't remember a thing."

After hearing all those stories, they decided on talking among them outside in the parking lot. Y/N has been quiet for sometime now and Fushiguro noticed this. He decided not to ask her anything as probably she was just being herself.

"I think that's it," Nitta said.

"I've been to Yasohachi Bridge, too," Fushiguro said.

"To bungee jump?" Itadori asked playfully and got hit again in the head.

"it's easy for curses to take root in haunted locations, just like in schools. So people from Jujutsu High regularly patrol it. Y/N went there too one or twice," the girl only nodded after hearing her name being mentioned. It's still surprising whenever he used first name basis with her. Itadori looked at the two, frowning slightly when Fushiguro called her with her first name. As long as he knew, Fushiguro called her with her family name just a few days ago. It was uncomfortable. "There wasn't anything unusual at the time, though. It might be a bit famous, but it's still used as a normal bridge."

"We still have to go check it out, though," Kugisaki said, and Nitta agreed. Suddenly, Takeda called Fushiguro as he was searching for him, hoping that the boy hasn't left the vicinity yet.

"Fushiguro-kun?" he called. All of them then turned to see the middle-aged man coming closer to them. "Sorry, I was curious about something."

"What is it?"

"Tsumiki-kun took awfully good care of you when you were in school. Is she doing well?" he asked, a smile displayed on his face. Fushiguro didn't give out an immediate answer after the question. Y/N knew who this Tsumiki person was as she used to ask him about any relatives. Finally she found out that he has a stepsister and that was Tsumiki. One time, he mentioned that Tsumiki got cursed and still bedridden until now. She looked away, already feeling uncomfortable about it.

"Yes," he said. She knew he was lying as he didn't want the other party to feel worried.

"Who's Tsumiki?" Itadori asked.

"My older sister," Fushiguro replied.

"What?! You tell us too little about yourself!" Kugisaki scolded.

"Yeah, that's right!" Itadori agreed.

--

Dawn finally appeared and Nitta picked them up and went to the nearest convenience store to relish their energy. Yesterday, they were dropped off at Yasohachi Bridge to exorcise a cursed spirit but in the end they didn't felt any presence.