Death Painting Arc -Part I-

Start from the beginning

"I-It's good to see you!" the two bowed a perfect 90 degrees at them, making Kugisaki and Itadori felt confident. At first, they thought they were afraid of them but the next thing the two boys spouted immediately crushed the two souls. "We haven't seen you since graduation, Fushiguro-san!"

"Graduation?" Y/N raised her eyebrows and looked at the boy. He was looking away from everyone. Kugisaki and Itadori who were feeling too confident back then baffled and turned around to look at him.

"I.. went here.. for middle school," he stammered.

"That's a surprise, too, but that's not the point!" Kugisaki roared and grabbed his cheeks to turn his head back. "Look at me!"

"What'd you do?!" Itadori asked, joining Kugisaki to turn his head around. "What did you do in middle school?! No, it would be quicker to ask them!"

"Hey, Idiot A and Idiot B! What did this guy do to you?" Kugisaki asked them. Y/N was quite interested in whatever Fushiguro has done in middle school. They never talked too much about their past or anything. Rather, she was surprised when she found out he went to this middle school.

"We or rather, every delinquent, gang member, and so on in this area got beaten up by Fushiguro-san. The two released their grip on Fushiguro's face. It was a really shocking news for them since they thought Fushiguro was not that type of guy.

"I beat them up," he mumbled.

"Why do you keep talking so stiffly?! Look at me!" Kugisaki protested. 

"What are you doing?! Hey! What are you doing?!" Itdori asked.

"Hey!" just then, another voice joined them and the two immediately released their grip on his face the second time. "Who are you? Students from other schools aren't allowed in here!" It was a middle-aged male came approaching them.

"And who the hell are you?!" Kugisaki asked while pointing at him.

"He's clearly a staff member," Itadori muttered. "Why are you so combative?" Nitta walked towards him and showed the visitor pass to him, telling him that they were permitted on the school ground.

"We have permission to be here," she said. The older male adjusted his glasses while reading the pass card.

"Oh, you're the ones? You're all young," he said while looking at them. "You need to hang your pass around your neck." It was then his eyes found Fushiguro among the students. "Fushiguro-kun?"

"Hello," the boy looked away, a blush evident on his cheeks.

"He remembers you!" Kugisaki and Itadori teased.

"So this man's been here a long time?" Nitta chimed in.

"Probably. Takeda-san's a permanent employee," Fushiguro explained.

"Then I leave the rest to you!" she said, abandoning her job to him. Fushiguro in the end asked about the victims to Takeda, in case he knew something about it.

"Kanada, Shimada, Yamato and Morishita, huh?" the older male hummed after finished listening to them. "I was shocked by their passing, but I guess it's been nearly twenty years since they graduated. I remember it like it was yesterday. They were problem children in their own right, though not as bad as you. What do you want to know?"

"Strange rumors, dark rumors, connections to bad adults," Fushiguro said. Kugisaki and Itadori teased him as Takeda mentioned him as a problem child, but only Itadori got the hit from it. "And anything of ill omen."

"Dark rumors? They may have been problem children, but they never went beyond average middle school stuff," he replied. " But wait, ill omens?"

"Are there any tales that have been going on around the schools? Or do you know about any strange activity the students like to do late at night? " Y/N asked, suddenly voicing out.