The Start Of A New Adventure

Start from the beginning

-----

Once she arrived, she used a taxi to drive to the village.

The taxi driver seemed confused that she was going there seeing as he probably didn't know somewhere like that even existed.

Rose shrugged his questions off and gave a tip to shut him up.

The man left with haste as she finally reached the entrance through the leaves and branches with the dead crows. Her father told her of that one time, and she still remembered.

But once she pushed aside the last branch, to her disappointment, the whole village was gone.

It was replaced with a massive crater so deep it could possibly be filled with water and it would literally be qualified as a smaller ocean.

Rose shook her head of her sarcasm but the disappointment never left.

Either way, that must have been long ago. She understands why whoever did this did this for a reason.

But other than the uninteresting crater, her eyes caught the beauty of a massive castle in the distance. Clouds covered its towers, and it seemed almost majestic if it just did not look so ancient.

Even if the castle looked really old, it was still undeniably breath-taking.

She pries her eyes off the gorgeous view from where she was before she sighs as she instead slides down the small hill and examines the crater.

It was crooked on the inside and if she fell, she could always use her mold roots to lift her up. But she knows she shouldn't fall to test that out.

But as she was about to walk back up to somewhere else, a manly voice suddenly boomed out and echoed.

"Well hello there, miss Winters!"

Rose turned around and saw a scruffy bearded man with round dark glasses and a hat.

The man had a smile on his face as he approached her, somehow floating on small metal scraps.

"Uh, do I know you?" Rose asked as she straightened her posture into a fine line. She thought he was a villager that learned magic tricks. Her parents did mention villagers roaming the village when she eavesdropped one time.

The man's smile faltered for a bit before returning. "No, but your father does."

Rose frowned, knitting her brows together, "How do you know my father?"

The man snickered. "Of course I do. You look just like him. And..."

He pointed to the pendant Rose was now holding out of pure habit, "Someone else."

Rose squinted her eyes at him, wanting to ask 'who are you talking about?' and 'are you talking about my mother?' but she shakes the question off.

The man keeps on smiling at her.

"What are you looking at? I'm going." Rose said after a short staring contest as she started to walk the opposite direction.

She heard the man silence and then sigh before she finally lost him.

Now, from where she was, she could finally see the castle closer. It was the same as the one in her dreams, now that she thinks about it.

But as she walked she saw a carriage up ahead.

Sitting in front of it was an obese-looking man with similarly blonde hair as hers.

The man's eyes light up once they land on her.

He waves to her, "Why hello there, young Rosemary Winters!"

How the hell does everyone know my name around here?

Rose approaches the man with suspicion before he laughs it off.

"Why, you should be proud to be here, miss Winters. You do not know how much memories are ingrained here with your name."

That catches her attention. But right as she was about to say something about that, the man cuts her off, "My name is Duke. Although you can call me The Duke. It is very nice to meet you again, Rose. The last time I saw you you were just a small, chubby baby with red puffy cheeks."

Rose blushed slightly at the mention of her cheeks. She saw pictures of when she was just a baby and, truthfully, she had a big head with really swollen cheeks. Her mother said that it was normal for a baby but she can't help but feel flustered about it.

The Duke noticed her small flush and he smiled.

Rose huffed.

She knew well enough that this would just be the start of a new adventure.