Chapter 19 - Crazy Old Fortune-Telling Lady!

Start from the beginning

His warm hand landed on my shoulder to steady me and his other hand combed all of my hair to my back. I shut my eyes tight and gripped the wrist of the hand on my shoulder. In my other hand my nails were digging deep into my palm, possibly drawing blood. I heard a small "swoosh" sound and something light fall down at my feet. My hand instantly shot up to my hair and I grounded my teeth together. It use to reach my butt. Now it doesn't even go past my shoulders! He styled it for a minute then withdrew from me.

"It looks good." he promised, inspected my new probably hideous look.

"Of coarse you would say that, you're the one who cut it!" I whined, fingers tracing what was left of my hair. I went over to the lake we had camped next to and stared at my reflection.

I guess it's not too bad..... It was past my ears, curling at my chin. I looked very different now, which was the goal. Hopefully I'll get use to it soon....I doubt it though.

My eyes flickered down to the pile of hair around my feet and I winced at how dead it looked.

"Well," a devious smirk creeped up on my face. "I guess it's your turn." I twirled the kunai knife around my finger. I love Itachi's hair but it's payback time!

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh, I'm not getting my hair cut."

The kunai froze on my finger and I frowned. "You said we both have to cut our hair!"

He nodded. "That was just to get you to cut yours. I have a much worse reputation than you, people from every village will recognize me in a heartbeat no matter what I do with my hair. You're simply a rouge, small alterations would throw people off."

I gaped at him, hands balling into fists. "You dirty liar!" I aimed a punch at his chest but he easily caught it and pulled me into a kiss.

Yeah, you heard me. Kiss. He doesn't call me his girlfriend or anything but we're a couple. I swear, the only reason I haven't pummeled him yet is because he's my boyfriend.

He pulled away. "We don't have time to waste. We need to put as much distance as possible between us and the Akatsuki. They still might be able to find us."

I pouted but nodded, grabbing the travel backpack and slinging it onto my back.

He did a series of hand signs and transformed. Now he was an inch shorter with yellow eyes and brown shaggy hair. He looked like your average Joe now. Hopefully nobody would be able to tell he's a former serial killer.

Oh, I would much rather cut my hair than maintain a henge for years! Yes, doing a transformation is easy, but holding it for that long? That requires a lot of concentration which I totally lack! Knowing Itachi it's probably not even a sweat. Stupid prodigy!

We traveled for about an hour before stumbling on a small city. (Yes, this is a time skip xP)

"Okay, let's go walk around there for a few minutes and see if anyone recognizes us." I suggested. We were both perched on top of a tree next to the entrance. There was a fence too tall to simply climb over but any ninja could focus chakra to their feet and walk over. This village doesn't seem to have any precautions for ninjas! There were only a couple of people guarding the front entrance but hardly any border patrols. There wasn't even a watchtower! Wow, I didn't know villagers could be this non-secure.

"There's a chance the Leaf Village gave a description of you to the entrance guards. We better sneak in rather than risk the chance of getting caught. The Akatsuki would know if it was us if I killed them." Itachi looked just like he use to when he was planning our missions.

A strange sense of nostalgia hit me. I really do miss going on missions with him; Being a team, relying on each other. During our last mission I had no idea it was the end of all that. If I did I would've savored it more. This is our last mission now.