Chapter 52

I slept, but not soundly. My arm hurt too bad and when I finally woke up the sun was just starting to set.

I wandered out into the living room and it became apparent to me Matt wasn't here. He'd left no note so I had no idea where he was.

I grabbed my phone and called him. It didn't even ring, it just went straight to message.

"It's me, call me."

God I was in pain and luckily Matt had left my medication on the kitchen counter. I took two and called my mother.

"How are you feeling?" She answered.

"Terrible."

"I'm sure Matt is looking after you."

"Mom, I don't know where he is."

"Maybe he went out to get you dinner." She had a point.

"Maybe. But his phone is off."

"Do you want me to come over?" She asked.

"No, I'll be okay."

"Well call if you need me."

I agreed and hung up. I sat on the couch for another hour then tried Matt again. Nothing, straight to message.

I was feeling like crap and trying not to worry, but I couldn't help myself. Where the hell was he?

I called the only person I thought might know.

"Brian it's me."

"Izzy. How are you?" He asked.

"I've been better." I didn't go into it. "But I was just wondering if you knew where Matt was?"

"No idea. I haven't spoken to him today at all."

Damn.

"Okay, well if you hear from him can you let me know." I asked.

"Of course."

I hung up and continued sitting on the couch. The hours ticked by and I continued sitting there, worrying.

Finally around 1am headlights flashed in the drive. I was relieved but a little pissed.

I remained on the couch as I heard the key unlock the door, I heard mumbling then Matt and Brian appeared.

"So I found him." Brian spat, looking pissed.

I looked at Matt. He had a black eye and a split lip. "Oh Matt, what happened?"

"What happened, what happened." Brian snapped. "What happened was this idiot thought it would be a great idea to beat shit out of your father and get himself arrested."

I was shocked. I couldn't speak.

"So I'm going to leave this idiot in your hands because I'm going to be busy going into damage control." He turned to Matt. "You fucked up, do you realise the repercussions this will have on the band?"

"I'm sorry." Matt said sheepishly.

"Sorry doesn't cut it. This is probably the end of us." With that said Brian turned and stormed out, slamming the door.

I looked at Matt. I didn't know what to say.

What could I say?