eleven: "i know the game"

Start from the beginning

"Can you still move on the ice?" 

Everyone's attention turned back to Stansson. Why couldn't we all just ignore the guy and leave?

"Well please, play a little with me." Stansson challenged Bombay and threw him an extra stick from his assistant. 

After a minute of twirling the stick around in his hands, Coach agreed. "Three bar. First one to hit both posts and the crossbar. Have to take it out past the blue line."

"I know the game."

Both men skated to the center as the team gathered on their separate sides. I squeezed in between Charlie and Adam who both gave me tight smiles. I could tell we were all nervous.

The two took off down the ice as their little game began. I shouted some encouraging words to Coach along with the rest of the team. The resentment both men had for each other was obvious. They elbowed and shoved each other like little boys. Stansson finally knocked Coach to the ground and got the first point. We all groaned.

Bombay took the puck and was able to get ahead. 2-1. 

He said something to Stansson and laughed, clearly antagonizing the scary man further. I sighed. Probably not the best idea.

As if he read my mind, Stansson took off down the ice after Coach. We all watched in horror as he hit Bombay from behind, right in the knee. His old injury was still healing and Coach went down hard. 

I gasped and skated to Coach's side, trying to help him up. Charlie and Dean helped me as the rest of the team joined us from behind. 

"Get your Coach off the ice. We have practice now." Stansson growled. 

Finally, we listened and left the rink.

I suddenly remembered the jacket I had dropped on the bench and went back to get it. I could feel the eyes of the Iceland players following me and did my best to ignore them. I leaned over the wall and searched around for the tan fleece zip-up. 

I spotted it sitting in a pile on the ground against the bench and reached over to grab it. The eyes followed me once more and I quickened my pace. The door to the lobby had nearly shut behind me when I heard it burst open again. 

***possible TW for s/a coming up, please take care of yourself and skip if you need to!!***

"Bex wait!" I turned in surprise to see Crew breathing heavily and stopped in the doorway. He took a moment to compose himself and shut the door. 

"Don't call me that." I crossed my arms and stared angrily at the boy. "And I don't have anything to say to you."

I began to walk away when he grabbed my shoulder, turning me back towards him. "I want to apologize."

I pushed his hand off of me. "I don't really care why you're here. I don't want to talk to you." 

I started to walk again, faster this time. 

Before I could get anywhere, Crew grabbed both of my shoulders and pushed me against the nearest wall. My head smacked into the concrete and I grimaced.

"What the hell are you doing?" I struggled against his grip but he had pinned both of my wrists against the wall. I began to get scared. There were no windows on the doors so unless someone randomly walked in, no one would see a thing. 

"I said, I want to apologize." Crew spoke through gritted teeth and I could feel his hot breath on my face.

"You're hurting me, stop it!" I squeezed my eyes closed, not prepared for whatever was about to happen.

Suddenly Crew was yanked off of me. I looked up just in time to see Dean Portman punch him square in the jaw. Crew dropped to the ground and groaned.

My eyes widened as my breathing started to slow. 

Dean stared down at Crew, who was now in the fetal position. "Stay the fuck away from her."

"I didn't even do anything." Crew said quietly and Dean tensed up.

"What did you say?"

One of the doors out to the hockey rink began to open and my breath hitched. I knew how it would look if someone came out to see Dean Portman standing over a bleeding Iceland player. 

"Run!" I shouted.

_

hey babes! similar to my other books, this one has a few mature themes incorporated into it. i understand that you might not like this and that's okay! good news is that there are many other amazing mighty ducks books for you to read and i encourage you to do that if you don't enjoy these themes!

(that being said, this will be the only mention of s/a in this book)

if you do stick around, thank you! i hope you are still liking this book and i love you very much <3