"CAN WE PLEASE!!" Tooru yelled.

"Uhhh, you're the adult here? I thought you call the shots?" Megumi said.

"aHem, right, go join if you want to or whatever" Tooru said, leaving with a skip on his step.

"Good, a need a few nights off with dealing with these emails" you said taking of your glasses. And taking a break in the living room. It was pouring hard that night and it was somehow calming.

That same night Reki came by himself, without Langa. He rang the doorbell bell while you got the door. There you saw Reki, drenched from the rain.

"Reki? YOU'RE SOAKED! GET IN" you exclaimed, worried for your friend. You let him sit in one of the kitchen chairs and dried his hair with a towel.

"He broke our promise.." he muttered mostly to himself.

"Who..?" You turned to him and he kept quiet.

"Reki, we've talked about this, you can tell me anything.." you softly said as you put an arm on his shoulder.

"He.. he's going to join the tournament, so he can beef with Adam. I've told him how much I hate Adam yet he.. he still won't listen" you let him explain as he softly hugged you and cried.

"He's far up there [Y/N], I can't.. I can't keep up with him. He can do things I can never do. He can reach for the stars and touch them.. while I'm down here.. with nothing" he sobbed harder, leaning into you.

"Hey, hey, I'm here. I'm here aren't I?" You said while he abruptly stood up.

"Are.. are you going to join the tournament?" He asked wearily.

"Well.. yeah.." you muttered.

"Oh.. I see.." he went to the front door.

"Well... thanks anyway.." he went off.

"Wait.. Reki please.." you grabbed him and he turned to you.

"WAIT? WHY WAIT? YOU'RE UP THERE WITH THEM AND I'M DOWN HERE, YOU CAN REACH THE STARS WITH THEM, [Y/N]. I'll just.. I'll just pull you down" he said, sobbing harder than ever.

"No.. Reki please don't think that" you replied. Him on the other hand went out back in the rain.

It was raining hard out, not to mention how dark it already was. The streetlights were barely giving an source of sight while the others flickered.

Stray cats hissed when water touched them while the wind was somehow silent but was still strong nonetheless.
You ran after him, not having a care in the world if you might get sick.

This was more important.

"REKI, PLEASE. I DON'T GIVE A SINGLE FLYING FUCK ON HOW DIFFERENT WE ARE. YOU AND I HAVE BEEN AT EACH OTHERS SIDE. WHAT'S GOOD ON IT IF I CAN REACH THE STARS WITHOUT YOU BESIDE ME?" you yelled at him, sobbing your own tears.

"SKATING BROUGHT US TOGETHER AND I DON'T WANT SKATING TO BRING US APART. IF EVER I DON'T EVER WANT TO BE APART FROM YOU. YOU'RE IMPORTANT TO ME, PLEASE DON'T LISTEN TO OTHERS WORDS AND BELIEVE IN MINE, REKI" you continued as you both sobbed harder.

"Just please, believe in my words.. not theirs.. believe in mine.."

Reki felt anger, anger for himself. He just lashed out on one of his closest friends because of his argument with his other friend. He went up to you and sobbed harder, pulling you in a hug so tight, he might not ever let go.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me. I-" he started rambling.

"Save it for later, I don't fucking care what they say about you or how different we are. You're my best friend and nothing's gonna change that, okay?" you softly said to him. Your voice was kinda hoarse and chatter-y from the rain but you didn't care.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" Reki said, hugging you closer if possible.

"We'll talk later okay? Let's get out of the rain first" you said while going in back to the house.

You both got in and dried off before he explained him and Langa's arguments in deeper depth. He explained how he felt, how worried he was going to be and how much he hates Adam's dramatic ass.

"You'll.. you'll be fine with me joining, right?" You said.

"Hmm? Oh yeah! I'm fine with it, I'm sorry, I just lashed out.." he explained.

"That's good to hear.. how about you cool down first before we fix up things with Langa?" You said to him.

"Yeah.. that'll be great.. wait.. we?" he questioned.

"Yeah.. we.. I'm here right by your side" you said.

"As am I" he replied, a smile tugging on his face.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ 🛹 ⋅.} ───── ⊰