"So." Eagle asked right as Alex took his first bite, "You have a girlfriend."

Alex choked on his food before responding, the unit laughing at his reaction to the question. "Excuse me?"

"I asked you to confirm that you had a girlfriend."

"Yes. I have a girlfriend. Why do you care?" Fox smiled as Alex got uncomfortable.

"Tell us about her. How did you meet? Is she cute?" Eagle wiggled her eyebrows and Alex felt his face flame up.

"Why do you want to know about her?"

"Because our little Cub's all grown up!" he leaned forward across the table, "So, is she nice? When did you last talk to her? Where is she from?"

"Eagle, leave the kid alone." Snake interrupted Eagles' rain of questions.

"Seriously though, I want to know all about her."

"Fine." Alex glared at him but he just smiled and listened, everyone following soon after. "Her name is Sabina Pleasure, I met her when I went undercover as a ball boy at the Wimbledon Tennis Champions. She was a ball girl there. She moved to America and now lives in San Francisco. Her picture is in my bag." At those words, Eagle leapt up and grabbed the photo with a girl in it. She had long dark hair, bright blue eyes, and freckles. "She's really nice and knows about my profession. She saved my life, I saved her life after she got kidnapped." Snake opened his mouth to ask a question but Alex answered it before it could be asked. "It's a really long story that I'm not going to get into now. Her father's a journalist and was the actual reason for my mission in France. We went on vacation together, and let's just say that it didn't go as planned. To answer your last questions Eagle, she is very nice though a bit witty. I last talked to her the day we came here, I called her to let her know I was alive and coming here. Any more questions Eagle?"

"Can you call her again? We have the day off of exercises so can you call her again?"

"No. Do you know how creepy that sounds?"

"Actually that might be a good idea Cub." Fox interrupted, "You only called her for a few minutes to let you know you're alive, you should actually call her this time."

"Find. Someone grab my phone." Once again, it was Eagle who leapt up and riffled through his things to find the phone. He found it and tossed it to him. He scrolled through and found her number.

Bold is Alex and K-unit. Italicized is Sabina

Ring, ring, ring,

"Hello, this is Sabina Pleasure speaking."

"Hi Sab."

"Alex? Alex! How are you? Are you alright? Why are you calling? I thought you were at the SAS again! Is Ben there with you? Oh my gosh are you ok?"

"Yes, Sab. I'm good. I'm perfectly fine. I'm still at the SAS, I'm calling because my unit was nagging for information about you and wanted me to call. Ben is here with me though you have to call him Fox right now. And me Cub right now too. Sorry."

"Nah, it's fine. So who was wanting to know about me? That is low key creepy though."

"That would be me. I'm Eagle by the way."

"Kay, I need to know who all is there. Give me your name, and what you do please. Eagle go again so I know what you do."

"Eagle, sharpshooter. Snake, medic. Wolf, team leader. Fox, navigation and linguists." They all introduced themselves and smiled as Cub looked vaguely uncomfortable.

"K, thank you. It's nice to meet you all. Fox you have to keep him out of trouble for me. He's a danger magnet, it follows him everywhere. I'm so sorry guys but I have to go."

"Why?" It was Eagle that asked the question that they were all thinking of.

"Because you're 14 hours ahead of San Francisco. I'm in the middle of dinner with school friends and they're all staring at me."

"That's a good reason. Sorry I forgot about the time change Sab." This time it was Alex that replied.

"Bye Alex, be safe. Love you."

"Love you Sab. Bye."

"Call Tom!"

The phone disconnected.

"That was so cute!" Eagle smiled as Alex blushed a deep red.

"Shut up."

A moment later his phone started ringing on the table, a song announcing the call. Alex cursed as Ben started to laugh, loudly. They got confused glances from the rest of the unit.

"It's the James Bond theme!" Fox was able to gasp out between laughs. The laughing got louder as three more people joined in as Alex picked up the call.

Bold is Alex. Italicized is Tom.

"Alex! Mate! How are you? Sab texted me to call you."

"Tom." Alex bit out. "Why did you change my ringtone to the James Bond Theme?"

Laughing was heard on the other side of the line, "Oh I forgot about that! That's great! I'm a genius! Seriously though, how are you doing?"

"I'm good at SAS again. How are you? How's Italy? How's Jerry?"

"I'm good. Italy is fine, though they suck at making pizza. Jerry's fine, he got the money you sent him and bought new HALO gear. It's funny, he always gets so concerned whenever you get brought up in conversation. He's so worried you'll get hurt. I mean last time he saw you, you just HALO jumped onto another building that exploded a few minutes later. He still is confused as to how you're alive at this point. It's good though. A lot more quiet than it was at home, glad there aren't any dishes exploding next to me on the walls anymore. So, why are you at the SAS?"

"I'm glad you're doing good. As for the SAS, it's one of those. 'We have to keep you safe because it's dangerous to be you. But we're also fine to send you to possible death whenever it's convenient for us' kind of a thing. They think I can't take care of myself so I'm here to be 'safe'."

"Dude, that sucks. Hey, is Ben there?"

"I'm here Tom." Ben responded, they were all still listening in on the conversation.

"Cool. Hi. Keep him safe for me alright. I have to go, Jerry's calling. Bye Alex! Tell Jack hi next time you're home."

Alex flinched at the name but replied smoothly, "K, will do. Tell Jerry hi for me. Bye." He promptly hung up and put his head on the table. Once again, he could feel the eyes of his unit on him. "What?" He snapped.

"Why did you make it sound like she was alive?" Snake asked, tentatively.

"He didn't need to know. I don't want him to have to grieve for her. She was like family, for both of us. My family is all dead and she filled that place for me. She was like a sister for me as well as him. His parents always fight and have been for years. She was that figure for him too."

A heavy silence hung in the air before Wolf broke it.

"We still have to talk about what happened with Ms. Jones yesterday."

"Crap."

HI guys. Sorry this chapter was on the shorter side. Hope you liked it. Have a wonderful day.

-AOP