16- 'She's definitely a diva.'

Start from the beginning

"Cal," I sigh briefly while looking away from his face, "Let's not spoil this beautiful--"

"I was falling for you," He doesn't move his gaze an inch from my face. I look at him in shock and honestly, I couldn't cope up with the turn of events within the next few moments, "I lied to you about Natalie, because I knew I would be meeting you and I wouldn't have the strength to face your cold behavior. So I just bought her up out of nowhere."

"But Cal," My gaze drops to the brown grass in our front yard below, "A call wouldn't hurt? You had me clinging to the hope that I would hear your voice just once again all for myself. You have no idea what it was like to see you yesterday at the park. It was like a slap on my face, Cal."

"You still don't get it, do you?" He puts an arm around my shoulder, trying to calm me down. I place my head on his chest.

"What?"

"I'm a singer, Evelyn. I'm not allowed to date anyone when I'm traveling. It's just against the rules," He explains while caressing my hair, "If I kept calling you all the time, it would definitely be noticed and I would be in trouble. I really didn't want that."

"But Luke didn't mind getting in trouble, Calum," I move a bit away from him in order to look at his face. The mole on his cheek is disturbingly perfect.

"He was not falling in love with you, Evelyn," his lips twitch into a smile, "I was."

He bends further and pulls my face closer to his, leaving a long kiss on my mouth, which probably seals all the feelings that I have within myself. Was Calum in love with me? I didn't know. But all that mattered was that his moves had kept him away from being in trouble and that was more than what I wanted for him.

But however wickedly the tables had turned three months ago, I knew for sure that Calum Hood was a great man and I couldn't deny the fact even by one percent that I was absolutely smitten by his every move, starting right from the way his lips felt against mine.

He pulls himself away from me just to kiss my forehead, his hands circling around my cheeks.

"You're making me go crazy," he concludes shortly before rising up on his knees. He gives me a hand in gathering the duvet and champagne bottle that we had brought up. I blush, but don't utter a single word, "It's not good for my health," he laughs to himself.

I follow his lead and let his joking nature let me lighten my mood. After all, Calum had considered me worthy of falling in love with. Was I successful? Again, I didn't know.

"Alright, you're gonna go down first and then I'll go," Calum looks at me, "Okay?"

"I really think you should go first, Cal," I say, "Your life is more valuable than mine," he smirks at my responsible reply.

"You think I'm gonna leave you up here?" he narrows his eyes at me.

"Dude," I rise on my knees, "Trust me, I've been climbing this place all my life. You go down first and then help me."

"You're going first, Evelyn," he deadpans and I have no choice but to obey him.

"Fine, Ruler," he kisses my cheek as I bend further down.

"Alright then," he holds my hand as I ascend down the brick patch and step on the first brick, "Careful, Ev."

"I'm almost there," I tell him as I leave his hand and hold onto my window shed. My feet touch the cushion of my window seat and I sigh in relief. There was obviously a very big difference climbing down this wall at the age of 10 years and 17 years. I mean, it was pretty cramped and congested now.