I hoped off the bus and practically ran towards Flynn to hug him.  He obvious had the same idea as he opened his arms just before I got to him.  We both giggled as the hug had stopped me from running so I almost knocked him of his feet. "HEY FLYNN!" I shouted excitedly.

"Wow! Well that hurt" he laughed

"Oh sorry... Hey Flynn" I almost whispered pulling away from the hug.  He waved, saluted almost and headed towards the entrance.

we walked around the very busy shopping centre, only going into shops with sales on or that sold clothing that was more to our style. I never understood why but we were getting funny looks from people, I didn’t really bother me but it seemed to be bothering Flynn.

Flynn had calmed down a little; he was no longer acting extremely self-conscious. He stopped constantly looking round to see if anyone was looking at him and looking to the ground. I couldn’t understand why he was doing it, we always got looks for the way we dressed of the colour of our hair, he was never like this.

“what’s the matter Flynn?”

“nothing.” he snapped. I was surprised by the reply and stopped immediately, pulling on his arm and dragging him to the side so we weren’t in anybody’s way.

“nothing? Really Flynn, you aren’t acting yourself.” I frowned a looked him, he was staring at the ground avoiding eye contact with me.

"It's nothing sky just leave it" he said before taking my hand to make me walk again.

A guy wearing a track suit looked at Flynn and I and smirked. When he got closer he shouted “emo” at him and Flynn just seemed go snap. He let go of my hand and jumped at the guy pinning him on the ground and punching. I was frozen, not knowing what was happening, this wasn't like Flynn. A crowd had appeared until a security guy came and pulled Flynn off the guy.

Everything was settled there and then. The tracksuit guy was to blame for starting the fight, although he attempted to blame it all on Flynn which witnesses agreed was a lie. The guy had a few minor bruises on his face and a black eye, but other from that he was perfectly fine as was Flynn just a bit of a sore hand, nothing broken. Thank god we didn’t need to take a trip to A&E, we definitely had no time for that.

We quickly nipped to the supermarket to get some snacks for the rest of the day and Riley’s ‘Breakfast’ which consisted of chocolate Poptarts and banana milk. How she ate that every day I will never understand.

“Hey, you have a lot of bags want a lift?” Flynn asked with a half-smile on his face when we approached the car park which was right next to the bus terminal

“Okay, thanks” I agreed knowing that if I denied his offer he would nag me until I said yes.

I dumped all our bags in the back and hoped in the front. I would have been an idiot to say no to not having to go on a bus.

As soon as Flynn started the car I searched through his glove box to find some decent music (he couldn’t get any good radio stations). I cheered and pumped my fist in the air when I found Green Day’s American Idiot album and put it on. We both sang our hearts out to American idiot, well when I say sang I actually mean screeched while trying to impersonate Billie Joe Armstrong’s accent.

The car came to a stop, we were outside my house. Just as I was about to get out but was pulled back in. “I’m so sorry about today Sky, I really am” Flynn looked at me as if expecting me to be disappointed.

“Don’t be Flynn, it wasn’t your fault that bastard tried to act smart”

“yeah but I could have held back my anger and not made it worse”