CHAPTER 13

Hyunjae fixed Haey's hair before pulling her close to him for a hug. she thanked the guy before slowly snaking her hands inside the pocket of his winter coat. Hyunjae places his hands also inside the pocket, interlocking their hands which made the lass grow a smile.

"are you ready?" she nods to the lad. the two broke from the hug and both exited the room, both wearing their own coats. their shoes click on the concrete floor, with the moon's light reflecting on every window of the hallway.

they were now running on the hallway that leads them to the back exit of the palace, trying not to get caught by one of the guards.

"we look gorgeous while running!" Hyunjae exclaimed excitedly while they run, which made her laugh. "shut it before anyone else could hear us."

their both figures that were laughing all this time now arrived infront of the small gate at the back of the palace. he lets her go outside first before he trails behind and did not forget to close the gate after.

the two inhaled the fresh air outside, letting the cold wind hit their covered skin. Hyunjae didn't waste time and interlocked both hands again before running out of the village, approaching the wide field not so far away from them.

"let's chase the moon." he spoke to the female as she nods happily.

they were sharing the same feeling right now. both were experiencing the feeling of freedom and joy as they both run to the wide field. none of them wanted to go back to the palace and wait till the sun comes out. it was what the both young couples desire before pack of schedules will arrive later in the morning.

"do you know how much I miss our early bonding time just to see the sun rises?" Hyunjae told as he steps down the field first, before assisting the lass who was having trouble walking down.

"this obsession over sunrise made us feel different, huh?" he nodded in response, interlocking thier both hands again. "i don't understand why many people never admire the sunrise, it's always us who protest about it to the kids in school."

"speaking of school," he takes a seat on the field before patting his thighs, indicating that she should rest on them. "did you miss soccer?" he asked the girl as she lays her head on his thighs.

"Of ofcourse, i will never forget the night we first met." she gave him a big smile.

they both first met in high school. one was really fond of reading books while the other plays soccer as a hobby. the first met was never Haey getting hit by a soccer ball and her book flew on the ground nor Hyunjae protecting her from the upcoming soccer ball while she was busy reading the book she was holding. rather it was an expected but unforgettable experience.

"you almost threw me inside the net!" he exclaimed.

the chapter of their lives all began with them both eyes meeting each other, both expressing different emotions. all because of a silly bet they found themselves falling inlove with each other.

"i don't have any options or else i get to lose the bet." she shrugs and lets out giggles. "you were also slim that time, and a gentle push could make you fall already." the lass added.

"fall for you~" he saw her eyes rolling playfully when he tried to pull a pick-up line.

they were having a great conversation, reminiscing all those days they spent together. after all, this is what they were suppose to be doing: making great memories. even if the schedules could separate them, one would never forget to visit the other even it takes them hours or days.

love is a beautiful word. every people takes time to find the person they love. but them, love was the first thing they felt when they both met. they just took time exploring how this love do and why does it really matter.

___

Hyunjae looks at the lass laying her head on his shoulder this time. he could feel her breath hitching to the point it was now bothering him. she was breathing through her mouth and her eyes were barely open.

"are you okay, love?" he pressed his soft lips on her forehead. he could feel the sweats already, "are you okay, Haey?" he asked again in her direction but no answers were heard from her.

"Seo Haey, is everything alright?" he let her body face him and cupped her pale and heating cheeks. the girl whispered something softly, "Lee Jaehyun.."

he barely heard them so he leans until their both foreheads touched, "Haey, please if something's bothering you don't need to hide it from me. i can help you."

"Jaehyun Lee, I'm sorry i was too late to love you back..." 

her breath stopped and her heart was barely even beating. Hyunjae felt his mind getting insane when he started to not feel her own breath. he felt his heart getting squeezed by hard materials. it was a feeling he never wanted. it was a feeling of fear. 

everything is now slowly tearing apart.