Tokyo! : The begging of evolution.

Börja om från början

Tsukishima POV

After the one day camp the one in Shinzen high school arrived fairly quickly. We are two days into the week.

I'm walking Y/n back to the girls dorms before I head to mine. Yeah we know everyone here but it is still infested with hormonal teenage boys that have no respect or an idea of what consent is. Tadashi is making his way to the other gym along with us.

Y/n turns to me and frowns.

"Are you sure you don't wanna practice? You blew off another on practice  yesterday with the ace of Fukurodani." She says but I ignore her. Tadashi takes a deep breath.

"Tsuki. You've always been really tall and smart and cool but you're being really crappy right now." He says and I scowl.

"It's just a game. I don't know what your issue is. Both of you. Y/n you don't even play. Why are you two so passionate? There's no reason to be."

There's no need to be trying so hard. It's just a stupid game. Caring too much about one thing, fixating on it, obsessing over it, thinking about it 24/7/365 - it'll just come back and hurt you. Taunt you until it becomes a thought that looms over you.

Y/n glares at me. And so does Tadashi.

"I'm passionate about managing because I help the people I care about. My brother and his friends and the rest of you all. I just don't understand how you're so okay with just letting people get ahead of you when you can do so much to surpass them. I like seeing Kageyama and Hinata's face every time they get the quick right. When Tadashi spikes. When Tanaka or Asahi spike, when Noya or Daichi dig up a ball. When Kiyoko smiles after getting the right words to encourage you all out of her, when Yachi snaps a good picture for school articles,  when my brother finds something new to use against the other team. They all smile. Even you smile a little when you block a ball." Y/n explains, her voice going a little soft. 

That's why Y/n enjoys it so much. She likes seeing us happy.

She's gentle with her anger for the most part. At least with me. She does't let her anger consume her.

"We might not even win. And if we do so what? What's the point in winning its not gonna get me anywhere. Why do you all care so much!?" I groan and that's when Tadashi loses it. He rushes up to me and grabs my collar pushing me around and thrashing my shirt.

"What more do you need than pride!?" He yells at me, grabbing my collar and shaking me around. When did he get so confident.

"W-wait maybe we are taking this to far now. Let's calm down now." Y/n says but we don't respond.

 I give him a smile and Tadashi falters.

"When did you become a bad ass. You're actually cool." Both their eyes widen at my sudden compliment.

"I'm not completely convinced yet though. We'll see." And with that Tadashi nods and walks towards the gym.

Me and Y/n continue walking before she looks  at me.

"Do you like volleyball?" She asks. "Do you like playing?"

"Yeah of course I do. If I didn't why would I be here?" I say and she looks at me before looking back ahead.

"Then why do you always say no to practice? You're an amazing player Tsukishima but you never use it to your advantage." She asks and I frown. I guess if I'll open up about Akiteru to anyone, I want it to be her.