eight. reminiscent

Start from the beginning

Rexha repeatedly swung the blades she firmly held on each hand, both simultaneously moving up and about to slice and hit each target with precision and vigor. Her proficiency in such skill never failed to compel him with her grace. She always made it seem like she was dancing ever so elegantly.

"Hey, woman!" Tommy had finally snapped out of his trance and called Rexha over.

"Breakfast is ready, Techno cooked us porkchops."

The woman proceeded to parry and slice through the hay-filled dummies like a knife through butter, completely trapped in her own little world without acknowledging the blonde boy's presence. His words merely passed from her one ear to the other like nothing.

Tommy raised a brow to himself, wondering if he hadn't made his voice loud enough for her to hear. Nonetheless, he continued to pry and get her attention.

"Rex! Breakfast is ready!" He made his way towards her tall figure, waving the black cloak in the air at the same time.

Finally, Tommy succeeded on his second attempt in getting the woman's attention. Rexha snapped her head towards him, a single brow raised as she gripped the netherite sword tightly in her grasp.

"What did you just call me?" She questioned, turning around to walk towards him before clipping her swords to her waist.

The blonde boy stifled out a nervous fit of laughter as he raised his hands defensively. "I, uh, said Rex?"

Rexha blinked before retrieving her cloak from him. "A new nickname, huh?"

"So, does that mean I can call you that?" Tommy looked at her with hopeful eyes.

She shook her head, folding her arms across her chest. "I don't mind, call me whatever you want child."

"Techno told me you've been awake since four in the morning. Did you not get any good night's sleep innit?" Tommy decided to strike up a conversation with her as the two of them retreated back to Pogtopia.

"I'm fine. I just needed some fresh air." Rexha shrugged her shoulders, blowing the strand of hair that fell on her face.

"You told me that yesterday too." Tommy's voice became soft as a whisper.

He looked up at her, blue orbs staring intently at the features that graced her face. He took notice of the bags visible beneath her crimson eyes that he discreetly admired yet feared of.

Rexha paused from her tracks. She stressfully ran her fingers through her locks of hair and let out a distressed exhale of breath. "You wouldn't understand."

"But, I could try."

Tommy had also halted as soon as she did. The woman pursed her lips together as she saw determination inside of those ocean blue eyes. His eyes reminded her of someone she knew.