⏤ 11. hogwarts high inquisitor

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Harry found himself subconsciously climbing up the stairs of the Astronomy tower after dropping Ria off to her dorm. He walked up to the railing and sat down in his usual place, sighing.

He knew this was a place where he could truly find peace; no disturbances, no Voldemort, no Seer's Curse, no other people, or their opinions. Just oneself, their thoughts, silence, and the stars, if they're lucky.

His train of thoughts was partly interrupted when someone sat right next to him. He spared a small look back at her; who had the same look on her face even after gazing at a starry night sky for the millionth time.

"How dare you come here without me?" She pouted at him. "This was my place first.. you know right?"

He chuckled. "I sincerely apologise, Miss. Edwards.."

Asteria moved a little closer to Harry and linked their arms, resting her head on his shoulder with a content sigh. He redirected his eyes back towards the sky. "You were right," Harry voiced. "Once you find peace in those.." he said, referring to the celestial spheres, "there's no going back."

"Right?" she chuckled in awe. "Like.. it's not even like they exist for us. They're balls of light and fire, billions and billions of miles away, shining so brightly that they could change someone's life. It might be a small one, but it's still a change."

"Can you imagine being someone's star?" she asked, lifting her head off his shoulder, but still eyes fixated on the sky, while Harry looked at her.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Like.. from the star's perspective?" he asked, making Ria furiously shake her head.

"No, silly! Like metaphorically.. being someone's star.."

"Imagine being looked at with such hope.. and— and adoration, and love. Being a person who affects someone's life by such measures.. that one small interaction— may it be an eye contact, a smile, anything— makes them feel better after a bad day." Harry's face slowly broke out into a small smile, watching her azure eyes light up with exhilaration.

"Being so full of light.. that you give someone strength to make their way through the dark abyss they're stuck in. It must be so.. fulfilling." She whispered, finally looking at him.

Harry nodded ever so lightly. "Being someone a person would wait for, every single day.. sacrificing their nights to get one glance, because they know it would be worth all the wait."

Ria nodded, grinning. "Exactly."

Harry's smile widened a bit. "Beautiful." He muttered, still looking down at the girl while the moon shined upon her. "It would be beautiful."

With a content smile, Ria looked back at the sky. Harry's smile slowly faded away, and he looked down. "I'm sorry too." These words made Asteria look at him almost instantly. "I'm sorry I tried to force things out of you after your tryouts. I should've left the topic when you asked me to."