'Yes, Master Harry. That is sounding like a good idea and some of the potion' ingredients is being very bad and it would not be very good if young Mr Edward got in here when he explores. I will sort out a team of elves and we is sorting the old potions now.'

'Thank you. If there's any that are okay and rare, well, maybe talk to Draco about them, he'll have an idea what to do with them. I'll write those letters and then start on my room. Also, can you move the remains of the Hallows up to the master bedroom. I don't want anyone seeing them or knowing about them. Is the case Warded?'

Ossy nodded.

'Good, it's better to be precautionary.' He paused, thinking fast. 'One last thing, can you arrange for Ammy to entertain Teddy tomorrow morning while the meeting is happening, I really don't want him overhearing what this is truly about and getting scared.'

He scrawled his notes to Kingsley, Robards, asking them to all come to the Hall for 8.30am. He decided to ask Dromeda and Molly too. As he made his way to the owlery, he had a feeling it was going to be a long night to get everything sorted.

He laughed at himself: more decorating! He'd be turned into a bloody interior decorator? Still, it felt right to be pouring his magic back into the house and grounds and he felt happier that he was slowly getting the spaces sorted. Not enough to reduce his anxiety about the mess but he was starting to feel more in control and ordered. He kept thinking twenty-seven bedrooms and he was just about to sort the fourth one. And then there were all the rooms on the ground floor, corridors, hallways, the list went on and on...

The bedroom was surprisingly easy. He decided the room immediately above Fleamont's old study was the best option. He liked it because it looked up over the garden courtyard and he could see the master bedroom from his window. It helped him feel connected to Draco even though they were so far apart. He couldn't help finishing the room with another little shiny brass plaque outside the door which read 'The Fleamont Room'. He felt very satisfied with his work and was delighted when Carls appeared with another vase of lilies for the room.

'It is being very nice, Master Potter. I think you is being a good master for the hall, you is caring very much for it all and already making it better.'

'Thank you, Carls. And when all this is a bit more sorted, I promise to find time to visit your work. Ossy says that you like the flowers and plants.'

'Yes, Master Potter. They is always pleasing me. I have been putting a large vase of lupins in the lilac room and some houseplants in the east wing bathroom, they is going very well against the dark walls. Good plants, of course, not ones that is eating your guests in the bath,' he smirked and Harry laughed. 'Goodnight, Master Harry,' he said with a slight bow before disappearing off.

Down in the potion's lab, Ossy had already organised the removal of all the old jars of ingredients and Harry shrunk the old lab bench and temporarily moved it into the black and white hallway between the wings and the main hall. It was apparent that if Harry carefully moved the bookshelves to one side, he could connect the three rooms so that there was large arched-openings between each area. Then it was just a case of moving the bookshelves from the hall gallery and letting Madame Pince and Madame Tweazle loose, if they were willing to help. And finding or transfiguring the right furniture for the huge room when everything was sorted.

He sunk down into one of the two large saggy navy sofas that had been squashed into the snug, exhausted, and smiled to see Iolaus and Otrera slink into the room, skirt past Hercules, and jump onto the sofa beside him for some fuss. It was like this that the others found Harry.

Draco was impressed by Harry's work; he could clearly see Harry's vision for the large space and thought it was brilliant.

'You need desks and reading lamps, and some comfy chairs in corners, H,' Mione said, looking over the stacks of books that Ossy and his team had already started stacking in piles around the rooms despite Harry saying it could wait. 'Oh, Riche's Ye Origines oft Magick. That might be useful. I have my bedtime reading. I'll leave you all to it. Goodnight.' She kissed both Harry and Draco on the cheek and took herself off, already flicking through the pages.