Chapter 11: Twists and Turns

Start from the beginning

"Wei Ying!" Lan WangJi exclaimed again, his expression too expressive for the outsiders. He quickly reached for the black sleeves and pulled them up. Eyes widened as rivers of red were pouring from cuts in Wei WuXian's arm. Cuts that Lan WangJi knows were not there last night.

Lan WangJi's eyes sharpened and he picked up Wei WuXian, seeing the male in terrible pain. Bichen unsheathed and he stepped on it, giving a look to his brother and Jiang Cheng that urged them to follow. He then flew out of the room. Jiang Cheng had already stepped on Sandu, yelling to Jin ZiXuan to inform Jiang Yanli.

It was chaos and no one could stop any of them. Jin ZiXuan flew out of the room on Suihua, while Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen flew after Lan WangJi. Nie MingJue flew after as well, wanting answers and seeing as he had a guess where they were headed to. Nie Huaisang followed as well, grabbing his brother and giving a glare that left no room for arguments, the older bringing him as well.

Ahead, Lan WangJi glances down at the man in his arms, guilt and confusion pooling. Wei WuXian was in terrible shape and Lan WangJi could see it. He could see the extremely shallow breaths, he had noticed that even the slightest movements could hurt him. He cursed, muttering, "Wei Ying, I'm so sorry, I don't know..."

Wei WuXian could barely hear him, but he forced a small smile and whispered, "...good...Lan Zhan...is...good,"

Lan WangJi just smiled affectionately, leaning down and pecking the male's forehead. His expression hardened when he heard his name being called and Lan Xichen appeared at his side, "WangJi!! What are you doing?"

"What are you doing?!" Lan WangJi looked at his brother, "Why would you risk bringing Wei Ying outside?!"

"What?"

"Those sect leaders are all after him and ready to kill him!! The reason I came to Koi Tower after running for so long was because I was worried he would be hurt!!!" Lan WangJi yelled.

Lan Xichen looked shocked, "That wouldn't happen, A-Ying-"

"A-Ying?"

Lan Xichen ignored that and continued, "A-ying is under the protection of the Lan and Jiang Sect, plus Young Master Jin made it very clear that he was family to the Jin's as Jin RuLan's Dajiu,"

"Lan WangJi!!!" Jiang Cheng's voice screamed and he appeared with a terrifying scowl, "What the fuck was that shit in the Hall?! What did you do to my brother?!"

"NOTHING!!" Lan WangJi spat, resentment and love clouding his senses, "I did nothing!! Both of us did nothing!! The resentment acted on its own!!!"

"Really, thats hard to believe considering my brother is the one who invented this cultivation!" Jiang Cheng seethed, the state of his brother distracting him from being shocked by the way Lan WangJi was speaking and acting.

Lan WangJi glared and heard two more people. He scowls, "Why are you here?"

He glances back at the Nies. Before they could answer, Wei WuXian's body lurched upwards, a pained whimper passing his lips, "...Zhan...my back..."

Lan WangJi blinked and muttered, voice softening, "My apologies,"

"Where...we going..." Wei WuXian managed, trying to figure things out and find his mind, keep himself awake.

"A-Xian, stop talking, you're wasting energy from whatever the fuck happened," Jiang Cheng's voice was laced with clear worry.

Lan WangJi informed, "I'm taking you home. Lady Wen will know how to heal you. And I don't trust any other doctor with your life,"

Wei WuXian cracked a weak smile, "How sweet of you..." he then realized, "Wait...no. Lan Zhan...egh...stop. Lan Zhan, don't,"

"A-Ying?" Lan Xichen frowned.