"No because I literally-" He stopped himself, finding it ironic that the concept of a soulmate is meant to be undying love, however he didn't want to say it out loud. He didn't think this woman deserved the right to know anything about Haneul. "Was it her dad's idea?"

"Hah." Her face was twisted, and he hated it. "You think her dad wants her back that desperately?"

"If Haneul caves in, will you give the shop back?" Winwin couldn't find another way out of it without making more problems for themselves. He would have to break the news to Haneul, so they could think of a proper plan. He also desperately wanted to leave.

"Yeah, that's their goal. So I would." She nodded, acting as if she didn't have a say in what happened. Though Winwin wasn't sure as to whether she did or not, he didn't trust her either way. Winwin stood up, giving her a bow to annunciate his leave.

"Thank you for the info." He said emotionlessly. "We'll see how this ends."

🏠
———

This was Haneul's first Saturday that she's had to spend at home. Usually she'd be at work, and after she would study at the library or do fun stuff with Sara. But being jobless with her roommate still in her home country, the house was quiet, and lifeless. She hated it, every corner felt like a dark hole that was going to swallow her. As if everything was whispering to her at once. Outside her mind it was deathly quiet, and the classical music she loves would have agitated her more. She looked at her empty cd player, which told her that the silence will drive her insane if she doesn't play anything.

She barged into Sara's room, pacing towards cluttered bookshelf as she scanned it for an album that caught her eye. Everything was so colourful, compared to how her day had been so far. She pulled out what seemed to be the most recent album to her friends collection. The white cover still looking untouched. She stared at it.

"Damn it's kinda ugly not gonna lie." She mumbled, but still bringing it over to her room as she flicked through the fun pictures of the members. Her eyes lingering over her soulmate for much longer than needed. He looked cute, and she felt like it suited him a lot. She popped the cd out, placing it into her cd player as it begins to play, the intro to 90's love playing throughout her apartment. The sounds were foreign to her, but she can't say she didn't fine them inviting.

She hummed to the music, the songs growing on her as she dusts her plants, watering them whilst she cleans them up, making sure they're nice and healthy. It was calming, and for once, she felt at peace with herself.

ding-dong

Haneul looked up, thinking that it could be a delivery guy, seeing as she hadn't invited anyone over. She walked over to the door, putting aside her watering can as she opened the door, her eyes shaking at the sight of the last person she wanted to see.

"Did you just wake up?" Ryu asked judgingly as he eyed her outfit. She was still in her pajamas and definitely looked messy. Not in the mood, she slammed the door, which was easily deflected by his foot. "Come on Hannie, I came all the way here just to talk to you."

"And?" She furrowed her brows at him. "I couldn't care less about what you have to say." She tries to close the door, but he opens it wide instead, letting himself in. He looked down at her, with a pissed off look on his face, the one that genuinely scared her.

"Your father called me last night." He brought up.

"Ah, so you must have heard the news." Haneul slowly backed away from him as he took steps closer to her. "The engagement is off."

"Says who?" He raised his brows.

"Me! We had an agreement." She couldn't understand why it was so hard for them to understand. They had agreed to call off the engagement if she found her soulmate, and she had. But no seems to respect that. They lied to her, which only made her hate them more.