Reki Kyan: Interested [Part 2]

Start from the beginning

"Hey..." My voice was soft as I sat up, swinging my legs off the bed as I leaned down to her. "What's wrong?" She pouted, pulling her plushie into her chest. "Bad dream?" She nodded and I smiled softly, scooping her up in my arms. "Let's take you back to your room so we don't disturb your big brother, hm?" She glanced over to her red head brother, just as I did. Immediately I noticed how down he was. "Shall we, Chihiro?" She nodded, resting her head on my shoulder as I stood up.

I gently set her back on her feet on her bed as she climbed under her blanket.

"You'll be fine, Chi, okay? Your big brother is just down the hallway if you need anything." She nodded. "And so is you big sister, and your mom, okay?" She nodded again, snuggling into her pillow. "You're safe with everyone here, okay sweetheart?" She nodded again, a smile beginning to stretch across her face. "Good night, Chihiro."

"Night, (N/n)..." I smiled as she drifted off and I left the room, quietly sliding her bedroom door closed. I sighed as I headed back to my boyfriend's room, finding him still wallowing on his bed, although now he was watching some videos on his phone and sulking over them.

"You know..." Reki looked up from his phone as I pushed off from the doorframe and walked into the room. "You've got two choices." I kelt beside him on the bed. "You can lose one of the best friendships of your life," He stared at me. "Or you can go there tonight and support your best friend in the biggest race of his skateboarding career." He just sighed and huffed, dropping down onto his bed and curling under the blanket. "Reki..."

I'd finally had enough. I changed into my casual clothes, opposed to my previous set of pyjamas, which were just shorts and one of Reki's t-shirts. I chucked a pair of jeans and a hoodie onto Reki.

"Get dressed."

"What?" I groaned.

"Get dressed, and meet me outside." I watched him slowly nodded, exhausted but willing to.

And it didn't take very long, as soon as I was out of the front door, Rek had pretty much joined me.

"Where are we going?"

"You talk about Langa a lot, and about 'S'...And how you don't like what Langa's doing..." I saw Reki's expression fall and he turned to walk back inside the house. "I spoke to Langa the other day." He froze. "He's going to race tonight, against this guy named Adam." Reki turned to look at me once more.

"What?"

"He also said skating wasn't fun without you, he's losing the love for it, because you're not skating with him." Reki stared at me.

"What are you getting at?"

"I think the least we could do, that you could do, is go and support him tonight." Reki shook his head and walked passed me, turning left as he left his property to go uphill. "Reki-"

"You told me to go to S, so I'm going." He huffed. I tilted my head in curiosity. What was going on with this boy...?

I quietly followed after him, intrigued as to what 'S' actually entailed. He'd told me about it before...an abandoned mining quarry, converted into a skating race track. Highly dangerous, and technically illegal. Who would have thought sweet, bubbly Kyan Reki would have partook in an illegal underground sport?

As we approached a set of gates, Reki handed one of the men in green and caps a sticker, which then led to them opening the gates. My boyfriend pulled his hood up and wandered through, with me following closely behind.

__________________

Skating really was beautiful if done right, and Langa and Reki knew how to skate just like that.

I walked into the Kyan household after Miss or Mrs, I wasn't sure, Kyan called me in. I kicked off my shoes and wandered through the halls toward the kitchen.

"Is Reki home?" She turned around at the sound of my voice and offered me a bright smile.

"Not at the moment, he's out with Langa, I guess they patched things up." I slowly nodded, forcing a smile. "You're welcome to wait for him, if you'd like." I shook my head, thanking her for the offer.

"Actually I just came to drop something off...I'll just go put hit in his room, then I'll be off." She watched as I wandered down to the previously mentioned boys room, dropping a large box onto his bed before shutting the door and leaving the house. "Oh, Mrs Kyan?" She hummed and popped her head out of the kitchen. "Thank you for having me over all the time." She smiled, albeit confused, but still a smile.

"No problem, sweetie." I sighed with a smile as I closed the door and headed home. As I descended the hill up to my boyfriend's house, I happened to pass him and Langa. His eyes followed me for a minute.

"(Y/n)?" I looked up from the concrete and offered him a smile.

"There's something on your bed for you." He slowly nodded, but caught my wrist as I went to keep on walking.

"Are you okay?" I nodded, taking a deep breath, although feeling tears well in my eyes as I forced a smile. "(N/n)..." I nodded again, gently prying his fingers from my skin.

"I've, um, got somewhere to be."