[57; those who love me]

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry, Katsuki-kun. Just be yourself. My family already knows the kind of person you are, so there's nothing to stress over."

"Yeah, sure," he grumbled. "Be myself. Your dad loves it when I do that."

"He's fine with you, seriously. You guys just need to get to know each other better. Once he's more familiar with you, it'll start feeling more natural."

Katsuki shrugged, grabbing a seat at the table and saving you the spot beside him. You didn't even need to glance down to the plates to know what you were having. The thick scent of spice was playing at your nostrils, already making you salivate.

"Fuck yeah," Katsuki grinned. "Curry's on the menu tonight."

"Hey!" Mitsuki hissed, narrowing her crimson irises into slits. "Watch your language, asshole! We have guests over, for crying out loud!"

"M-Mitsuki," the husband tried, "that goes for you, as well..."

"The hell did I say wrong?!"

"Your language... ugh. Nevermind." Masaru hung his head in defeat. "Let's just eat..."

You glanced across the table, only to see that your parents were cracking up in their seats, just shy of breaking out into a fit of laughter. Theirs was a bit of an unconventional family, yes, but you hoped your parents would be able to understand just how dear these people were to you.

"Oh, delicious." Your mother wiped away at her lip, having just taken her first bite. She smiled in Mitsuki's direction. "This curry is amazing. I'll have to steal your recipe sometime."

"Do you like it?" Mitsuki grinned. "My asshole son—"

"Mitsuki."

"My stupid son really likes spicy food, so I've made a lot of curry in my day. I've gotten so used to eating it at his preferred blend that it's a little difficult to gauge how spicy to make it when we have guests over, though. It's not too hot, is it?"

"No, no," your mother smiled. "It's lovely, thank you."

"Very good," your father affirmed.

"It's really yummy!" you beamed.

"Tastes pretty fucking good, not gonna lie."

"Language, shithead!"

If you didn't know any better, you would've thought this scene was just shy of a food fight. Well, both your families were around, so there was no way that—

Oh. Nevermind. Katsuki had just flicked a spoonful all over his mother's shirt.

Yeah, he's dead.

"KATSUKI, YOU ILL-MANNERED PIECE OF SHIT SON...!!"

Too many things were happening at the table right now, and so, being the coward you were, you hastily stood up and belted for the bathroom. You could hear the cacophony of Katsuki and Mitsuki's clashing cries, though it seemed that your parents' laughter was mixed in as well, so at least they were enjoying themselves.

Once you'd freshened up and returned, Katsuki was back in his spot, picking silently at his half-eaten curry. His cheeks were flushed and swollen. Mitsuki had probably pinched them so hard they'd nearly torn off.

"I swear," the mother huffed, "he's always doing things like this. Embarrassing us when we've got guests over."

If you had the guts, you might've pointed out how she was technically the one who'd riled him up to begin with, but your good sense prevented you from doing so. Katsuki and Mitsuki were each a flushed, grumbling mess, but your parents were laughing so hard they were probably about to split a rib.