Family

Summary:

Kiyoku arrives in Tokyo to meet up with Yoh and Anna. But Yoh and Anna are trying to teach their friend and family member that she is family and not a servant to them. Will Kiyoku learn to accep her new postion or will she continue to be trapped in the past.

 Will Kiyoku learn to accep her new postion or will she continue to be trapped in the past

Asakura Kiyoku qualified to be part of the Shaman Fights in Tokyo. The only thing was that she was still in Izumo awaiting the overnight train to take her to Tokyo. She was both nervous and excited. Being in the city away from the main house would give her a little more freedom. And going to Tokyo meant she could be with Yoh and Anna. Two people who treated her more human and like family than everyone in the main house.

The train arrived and she climbed in showing the conductor her paper pass. He took it from her, read it over then handed it back. "This way Asakura-sama." he told her, leading her deeper into the train. She quietly followed him as he led her through the train. There were a lot of single door compartments that housed a single rider. The cars went from holding six passengers to four, to two. They entered a train car with only two doors for the train car. The conductor pulled out a key and opened one door for her. "Your room and car" he told her, bowing slightly. She nodded her head and muttered a small thanks, then entered the room.

The room was very spacious and had a full twin bed for her to sleep on and a private bathroom as well. She placed her traveler's backpack down at the foot of the bed then sat on the bed. This was a really nice car and she could only think that because the Asakura family was well known, that they were able to get this nice accommodation for her.

Kiyoku looked at her backpack and pondered if she packed everything she needed. She had extra clothing for herself. Then there was the stuff that Anna had asked Yohmei to bring her. Finally there was one thing that she thought about getting out. Curiosity getting the best of her she opened the front pocket of the backpack and pulled out a small sew bound book. It had the Onmyodo pentagram star on the cover. Yohmei had told Kiyoku to read it before her first Shaman fight and that this book would teach her some more advanced techniques that Yohmei could not do.

A small jolt happened and the train took off. An announcement came on saying that they were now heading towards Shinji. Kiyoku reached into her small brown knapsack and pulled out her small jar of leaves. Despite being a preteen, she still felt like a child and wanted her spirits with her on this metal machine. She placed the jar on the nightstand next to her bed and gave life to the leaves. Instantly the wind spirits started singing soft songs for her and she felt more relaxed. Sleep little one. Sleep. It's a long ride to Tokyo. Kiyoku lay down on the bed. The wind spirits whispered and sang small and soft songs to lull her to sleep. After all, it would take seven hours to get to Tokyo.

The train ride made 16 stops collecting very few to no passengers. And by 07:20 in the morning, Asakura Kiyoku arrived in Tokyo. There was a loud knock on her door from the conductor. "Asakura-sama we have arrived." he told her then went to check the other passengers. Kiyoku woke up and lied in bed for a moment trying to get her bearings. The seven hour train seemed much shorter than she expected. The little wind spirits were floating around the top of her room. "Are we in Tokyo?" she asked them. Yes. Yes. There are other shamans here too. Other shamans. Kiyoku stood up on the top of her bed and looked out the window to see others leaving the train as well.