loved you first - s.u.

It was not the words that made her blush

It was not the words that made her blush. It was the fact that anyone from the opposite gender actually flirts with her. She never likes blushing, not at all. Least of all, in front of Stanley. But Richie wouldn't ever shut up and her blush wouldn't go away. She really can't help it.

Y/N looks down every time her cheeks turn pink, not wanting Stanley to see them. Ah, but he wouldn't care, he wouldn't like her anyway. But he does see her blush, and with every time, his hopes drop down a foot. She couldn't have the same feelings as he does for her—she's way out of his league.

See? It's the same thing going both ways.

All the Losers know for a fact that Y/N and Stanley are falling for each other. More and more with each day they realise it, truth be told. They just wished the pair would actually... pair up at once! The unspoken feelings, tension, awkwardness and hiding are killing the rest. Everything better needs to be out in the open. But they can't... They're completely unknowing and denying of the other's feelings. When will they get over their anxieties and tell each other everything, marry, etc, etc?!

Richie has found a new way to tease both of them about the unrevealed feelings. If before, the group made jokes about Stanley and Y/N, now Richie has started flirting with Y/N. Well, he was doing that already, only know he's made it more noticeable, frequent and, therefore, annoying.

Y/N is too polite to tell the joker to stop with his flirting, so she lets them happen and tries not to react too visibly. It's hard for a young girl to do, but she manages. She tries not to think about Stanley too much, it hurts her heart to think he might be jealous. Or that he knows of her feelings and doesn't return them. He hasn't protested against Richie's flirtations, and she knows why. He doesn't care about them or her. It must be the only answer, what else could it be?

Stanley sighs to himself again, trying to concentrate on his book instead of Richie taking Y/N's attention. But his eyes look through his eyelashes still, stealing glances at her shy, blushing face. He almost smiles at the sight, it lights up his sour minute and mind. But he doesn't. She'll know then and everything will feel weird.

"You two should go on a date," suggests Beverly and warily glances at Stanley, wanting to see his reaction. He does nothing, and she only sees curls above the big book with green covers and thick pages. Not his sad eyes or his otherwise sad little face.

"Oh, I'm actually learning about the most important dates in history," Richie starts and his friends can already feel the horrid pick-up line building up in his throat, "wanna be at one of them?" He asks, a smug grin on his face when he looks at Y/N. She just bursts out laughing, holding her hand over her lips.

"Why of course, I wouldn't want to miss a date with the world-wide famous comedian Richard Tozier." She responds, still laughing in-between her words. Her hand slaps the boy's shoulder playfully, and she doesn't mean it as anything serious, but Stanley sees it. Richie laughs, but then scoffs.