SOS

SMACK!! On the floor again... my face burns from the red handprint laser-printed across my cheek. I stay looking at the floor, too afraid to look up. I don't want to bare my face to that pain, not again. Every slap hurts more and more, fingers like broken shards of a mirror cutting into my skin. I look around, trying to find help. Someone, anyone PLEASE... but when I make eye contact with anyone, people who I thought cared, they all turn away... pretend not to see anything. They listen to the harsh beating, word after word pounding me into the ground as they talk about me. Their names, their cruel names, haunt me at night so I'm restless and can't sleep. Their actions, so spiteful and harsh, make me crawl into a ball, depression taking over as I shake, trying desperately to fight the tears. Why won't he speak up?! Can't he hear my screams?! My anguish?! It hurts that he stays silent while they rant, talking about things only he and I know true, things they've assumed and know nothing about. They don't care about the truth, they're two-faced and cruel. They'll do anything to make my life pained, so long as they don't have to look at me... because they know deep inside that they're wrong. But they won't ever admit it, their pride only matched by their arrogance. So I just lay here on the ground, accepting the beating. There's nothing I can do about it anyways... Afterall, "I'm fine."