Spring

Suzuki peeked behind her mother's legs at the boy in front of her. 

"Hi, you must be Endeavor's son," Suzuki's mother smiled as she crouched in front of him.

The child smiled brightly and nodded. "I'm Touya!"

"Rini, stop hiding and introduce yourself to him," her mother said softly as she glanced behind her.

Suzuki hesitated but stepped out as she glanced at the floor. "H-Hi..."

Touya waved at her. "Hi! What's your name?"

"S-Suzuki Rini..." She mumbled shyly. 

"Do you wanna be friends with me?" Touya asked excitedly.

Suzuki blushed as she nodded.

Her mother smiled at their interaction before telling them to go play together while she speaks to Endeavor.

"Let's go over there, Rini!" Touya said as he dragged her to where he pointed at.

Suzuki moved her tiny legs faster to keep up with his speed.

Once they arrived at the yard, they began to play together. Although Suzuki was shy at first, she gradually dropped her guard and laughed along with Touya in glee. They played until the sun has set that it was time for Suzuki to go home.

"Rini, let's go now!" They heard Suzuki's mother calling for her.

Suzuki pouted. "I wanna play with you more..."

"Let's play together tomorrow as well!" Touya grinned.

"Promise?" Suzuki held out her pinky finger.

"Promise!" Touya linked his pinky finger onto hers.

Suzuki smiled in relief before running over to her mother. "Bye, Touya!"

Touya waved back at her until she wasn't in his sight before heading back inside.

• • •

As they promised, Suzuki and Touya played together the next day as well.

"Touya, I'm so tired right now... Can we sit for a bit?" Suzuki asked as she panted.

"Sure!" Touya nodded and sat on the grass. 

Suzuki smiled before sitting beside him. "Hey, Touya, are you going to be a hero just like your dad?"

Touya's eyes lit up as he nodded excitedly. "Of course! I am going to surpass All Might!"

"But All Might is the number one hero!" Suzuki asked with wide eyes.

"I'll train hard and make sure to surpass him!" Touya said with determination.

Suzuki smiled at his determination. "I'm sure you will surpass him one day!"

"I will!" Touya punched the air. "How about you, Rini?"

"Me?" She tilted her head before replying. "I want to be heroes like my parents..."

Touya smiled widely. "Then we can be heroes together! I'm sure we will be great partners!"

Suzuki looked down sadly as she fidgeted on her fingers.

He tilted his head in confusion. "Rini?"

"Well, you see..." She hesitated. "I... I'm quirkless..."

Touya's eyes widened at her words. "Quirkless?"

She nodded as she glanced away from him in shame. "I am never going to be a hero..."

Touya thought for a while before placing his hand on her shoulder. 

"Touya?" She looked at him in confusion.

"Then I'll be the number one hero and protect you!" He said with a wide grin.

Suzuki looked shocked at his words before nodded her head happily. "You will be my hero, Touya!"

• • •

Sticking to his own words, Touya stayed by Suzuki's side, always rushing to help her whenever she was in trouble. 

"You can't play with us!" One of the girls yelled as she pushed Suzuki.

"You need to have a quirk if you wanna join!" The other girl added.

Suzuki glanced down to the ground as tears filled her eyes.

"Hey! Get away from her!" A familiar voice yelled. Suzuki looked up to see Touya standing in front of her protectively. "Don't bully her!"

"She's quirkless! Why are you defending her?" One of the girls asked.

"She's my friend!" Touya crossed his arms in front of him.

"Hmpf! Whatever!" They said before walking off.

Touya turned around and held his hand out towards Suzuki who was still on the ground. "Are you okay?"

Suzuki nodded as she accepted his hand. When she stood up, she wiped away her tears. "I just wanted to be friends..."

Touya furrowed his brows before saying, "I'll always be your friend!"

Suzuki looked at him with teary eyes. "Always?"

"Always!" He nodded.

That was when Suzuki finally smiled as she hugged him tightly. "Thank you, Touya!"

Touya blushed before hugging her back.

• • •

To them, it felt like they were experiencing Spring. They met each other and had an instant bond together. Bubbly feelings filled their hearts.