Two Ghosts

Written by: mickandnils on tumblr

Written on: July 11, 2017

Description: Taylor comes back and makes new music. She is at an award show and Harry is singing two ghosts, his next single, literally to her.

Official Link: https://mickandnils.tumblr.com/post/162864776835/two-ghosts

━━━━━━━━

-Are you ready, Mr. Styles?-

-I hope so. - He smiled absentmindedly.

-You better be! No gaffes, glitches, mistakes, scandals et cetera are allowed! You ain't ruining this one! - Said Margaret, the producer of the AMAs.

-I'm just joking with you, you're up in 5! –

Margaret was small, half Mexican and half Korean, with a colorful history and education. But, she was the producer and a perfectionist. He attended a few award shows she produced and they referred to her as "The Tiger".

-I really like Two Ghosts. I'm not kissing your ass, but I really enjoy the song. My wife made me listen to it and you surprised me. My favorite lyric has to be "Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat". It makes you feel stuff. –

Now he was grinning. Fidgeting his guitar, he recalled seeing the woman the song is about. She wore a black, fitting gown, her hair was up and she wore a pair of dangling sapphire earrings tonight and her lips were ruby red. She looked like a million bucks.

Oh, how did he miss her? Her skin, her smile, her eyes, and the way she'd look just at him and him alone, and her hair when she has a day off and just everything. He was 18, just learning how to love. She was 22, recovering from a shattered heart. He peeked through the curtain or screen or whatever that thing was and saw the woman in question sitting between her two friends, reportedly after a break up from some English stage actor. She was as beautiful as a dream. Even after all this time, he could still feel his heart trying to hit his ribcage. Perhaps he was nervous and anxious to nail his performance, perhaps the feeling of performing a song to his old flame who was sitting in the first row. Of course, he could have performed any other song, but something told him to pick this one. And then he saw the seating chart and his little heart couldn't handle it.

Dressed to impress, he was wearing a dapper navy blue suit and a white shirt, the first three buttons unbuttoned. He put on his silver sparkles. The guitar in question was a birthday gift from her and there was a crimson rose painted on and a dark red lipstick stain. Did he go overboard? Nah.

He saw Trevor Noah going outside to announce the performance and drew a deep breath. Time to take the stage.

Taylor was leaning on Selena and realizing what time it is. The time for her heart to feel whatever she felt for years for someone who healed her heart and then took it with and he still to this day keeps it in his pocket. She adjusted the edges of the dark gown she was wearing. It was long and backless, with two halter straps holding it in place. Her nails were dark blue to match her earring. She actually put on nude lipstick before she left but she was biting her lips so much that it came off on her way to the show so she borrowed Karlie's red. Taylor heard the song a few times and every time in drew tears to her eyes. Every single time. Selena squeezed her hand and smiled and Karlie narrowed her eyes at the stage.

Trevor Noah came out looking dashy as always in a black trousers, a dark green blazer and a black bowtie.

The South African comedian smiled at the crowd and they applauded him.

-Good evening people! My, my, don't you all look dazzling tonight! Anyway, when I was a little kid l was terrified of ghosts and was convinced there were ghosts behind my house so in the late evening I refused to get out to take the garbage. My mama felt sympathetic for me and at first she understood me and even told me ghost stories. But then she got bored and one night she shouted: "Child, if you don't take out the trash I will take you out!" and so I had to do my chores."