how to use it: II

this note shall become the property of the human world, once it touches the ground of (arrives in) the human world.
the owner of the note can recognize the image and voice of the original owner, i.e. a god of death.
the human who uses this note can neither go to heaven nor hell.

"god of death?"

i scummed through the pages, flicking them to examine how much pages of rules there were.

and there was a lot.

as i turned to the next page, i felt my phone vibrate on my bag.

i picked it up and answered the call i was getting:

"hi mom, what's up?"

"where are you?"

"i'm studying."

"come home. i'm hungry, so is ken."

i rolled my eyes and inhaled.

"can you guys please just order food? i have something big in class to study for, i don't have time to cook."

"y/n, get home right now!"

she shouted so loud, it's almost as if i could physically feel her spit through the phone.

"okay. i'll be home in a few."

i hung up and glared back at the death note. i tossed it into my bag and slid down the boulder.

looking around, i saw my folder, which was what i was searching for before i got distracted. i flung it into my bag as well, and began walking home.

+++

i swiftly served the plates of rice and meat to my mother and her boyfriend.

"why are you in such a hurry," inquired my mother, "you almost dropped a plate!"

i huffed and placed silverware onto the table.

"i told you- i have lots to study."

she stayed silent, but gawked at me with piercing eyes. i ignored her and rushed upstairs to my room.

i closed my door, grabbing a chair and placing it against the handle to avoid anyone walking in. i then laid on my bed and clutched the death note.

i stared at it for a solid 5 minutes. part of me believed it was some sort of joke that a bunch of kids wrote for fun, but it seemed too perfect.

it was so well written: so specific. so many rules, to where they all add up and made sense- nothing contradicted the other.

but why would anyone create such a thing? even if it was real, why? why would anyone deserve the sort of power to where the entire human race's lives depends on their decision?

the idea of it petrified me. a corrupted human with a pencil had the property to take away a human's existence. who are they to have the judgement of people, to have the conclusion of who lives and who suddenly dies?

it makes them seem like some sort of supreme being, some sort of god. and the only thing allowing them to have that title is a notebook and pencil.

like me, i have the notebook, and i have a pencil- does it make me a god now?

more importantly, what do i do with this?

who do i kill?

am i going to become a murderer?

and what the fuck am i thinking?

i snapped back to reality and smacked my head, realizing there's nothing for me to worry about, because "it's impossible."

"wrong," insisted a deep, but feminine voice behind me.

i jolted, and sat there in terror. i wasn't sure if i should talk- or more effectively, scream.

i simply stayed there, frozen, resisting the urge to turn around.

"heheheheh," it laughed, in a goofy but still terrifying way, "no need to cry, i have no interest in harming you."

i gulped, slowly turning around.

what i saw sucked the air out my body. i harshly gasped, not being able to move, or let out any sound afterwards.

it stood there, with a smile on it's face. i used my time to inspect it:

it was tall, very tall, but slouched over. it had longer, tangled looking hair that only slightly fell past its shoulders.

it's head was very skeleton like- sculpted with large keen eyes, and a big smile that spread across the width of it's face.

it also wore a metal gold accessory on it's head, which fully covered the top. beads hung off the sides of the jewelry.

the rest of it's body was dark, nearly a black color. a gold chest plate stuck to its chest, and spread to its arms and down its legs. a leather like material dangled off its back.

it's feet and hands were sharp, they resembled claws. and it was absolutely terrifying.

"who- what are you?" i stuttered.

"that death note in your hands," it said, i glanced down at the notebook, then back up at the creature, "i'm it's shinigami."