We all laughed.

Ah...That joke never gets old. Considering we were all adopted.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. It rang again. And again.

Dad got up, "I'll get it" and went to open the door.

Not a minute later, Remi whooshed into the room.

"Hi." She waved with a shy smile on her face, and Kai waved back.

"Good morning." She smiled at mom.

"Wanna sit down for breakfast?" Mom offered.

"No thank you, I can't eat," Remi said in a hurry.

"I'm starting to get worried about you girls." Mom sighed.

"I bring important news." She declared as dad got back and sat down.

"Bring news?" Dad asked.

Remi pulled out her phone and showed it to me. There was an email from the magazine about the contest.

Dear Remi and Francy

I am writing this letter on behalf of our magazine. Our company has thoroughly reviewed your proposal sent to us on the 19th May, with the idea of your project.

After reviewing numerous proposals from different applicants, I am glad to inform you that the management of our magazine has selected you as participants in the competition.

We find your idea incredibly interesting and we would fund both of you, fully thorough out the project.

The commencement date of the contract will be 31st May and the ending date would remain the same as the rules, which is the contract ends two months after the date of your funding. In your case 31st July.

The payments would start after the beginning of the first month and would continue equally and fully paid at the beginning of the second month.

Additionally, as you are already aware of the critical nature of this project and the short amount of time you might have to finish it, we have few guidelines we would like you to follow.

We think it's in the best interest of your project that you're fully present and living in or near the house you're redecorating so that your recording process of the project would be as aesthetic as your idea. We take into consideration the effort put into it as well. It brings points.

Make sure you submit the project presentation before the end of our contract on the last day to our email and wait for further instruction as your idea is a particular one.

Also please send us letters of approval from your parents as you're still underage.

We are looking forward to seeing the results of your projects and we wish you the best of luck in the competition.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any details by contacting me on this email.

Regards,

Jana Mistodonis

I gave Remi her phone back in a state of shock. "We got in?"

"We got in." Remi smiled.

I jumped from my chair hugging her. "We got in!!"

"We got in." She jumped with me.