"if it comes to it, then yes - without hesitation."

you laughed but there was no humour in it. "no hesitation, huh?" you paused looking up at the full moon that basked on the battle between the brothers. "did all that time we spent together... mean nothing but places to fill your memories?"

you saw diluc's grip on his claymore tighten, his knuckles turning even paler than they were before. this time he didn't respond with anything.

"diluc, please let me heal kaeya first. then we can talk-"

"i don't want to talk with you anymore." he had said with vemon laced within his statement. you frowned, casting your gaze aside at the brother who still lay unconcious beside your feet.

"i'm your only chance at the answers you want. not unless you want to walk and prance around fatui territory, then sure be my guest." your sudden statement had hit diluc for a moment.

"fatui? the snezhnaya diplomats?" he questioned. you nodded with a sour look upon your face. "how would you know this anyways?"

you didn't answer him. "i can't.. answer that."

"can't or won't?" he asked, but it sounded more assertive than he usually was. "you're still going to keep things to yourself?" his eyebrows knit together, the burning crimison eyes had some sort of sadness hidden beneath all the anger he had been feeling.

he had felt betrayed. he had any right to, you told yourself.

"won't." you answered. "my family, my problems - not yours."

"you say that but you know what my father was affliated with." diluc retorted. you bit your tongue. 'he's got a point', you voiced.

he didn't ask anything else of you, instead he clicked his tongue and let you heal kaeya. but before you could even start, the next - and possibly the last - words had struck your heart as if thousands of needles hadnt't pierced it already.

"i don't need you, i never did. so.. i'll get my answers elsewhere."

you swallowed down your empty words that would no longer have meaning to him as he walked away from the field of burnt, and frosted grass. choking on your quiet sobs, your hands had trembled over kaeya's wounded body.

all those years are no longer prized keepsakes, but buried memories that now lay at a empty gravestone of a dead heart and white lies.

kaeya...

will he wake up?

what was his secret anyways?

oh well.

you laid your eyes on your fathers study for the last time before your departure. each encyclopedia gathered dust on the dark cedar bookshelves. the only colour the room seemed to have was the blue delusion in the centre of his desk that you pondered in most of the time.

perhaps this was a new chance to gather answers that you could not have gained from your father, or even crepus.

you hadn't spoken a word to either brother since the incident. could you even consider them as siblings after that? the answer to that lies within the far future.

"father," you breathed out. "i will get the answers i desire and find out why you chose to side with the tsaritsa." you swore. you promised you would find the truth, not only for your sake but for everyone who had been effected by your fathers mistakes.