37 | It's calming, isn't it? Because why not?

Start from the beginning

"I don't really mind if it's from above of from below." Another replied from the side.

"If it's for the sake's sake, I could even be like a flower growing on asphalt. Just as long as I can shove alcohol down the younger Kusahara's throat and watch her suffer and get intoxicated." Okita nonchalantly said.

"Alright, shut up!" Hijikata suddenly yelled, startling Shizuku a little as she slightly jumped in her spot. "To be honest, I don't really care, either! What pisses me off is that we have to change places because of them and I know Shizuku wouldn't join us!"

"You know you can sit next to them and I can sit in the middle, right?" Shizuku asked out loud as she tilted her head to the side. "It's not like I'm going anywhere. We're literally in the same place."

"No, no way!" Hijikata replied as he pulled out his phone and started pointing at it. "Matsudaira-totsan told us to not let you out of our sight and so we're not going let you out of our sight! That's that! End of story!"

Shizuku sighed again and leaned back until she was leaning against Kusahara's back. By that point, Hijikata was now having a (very loud) verbal fight with Gintoki, who seemed to not care at all for what was happening.

"This will end very badly." The teal haired girl sighed.

"You think?" Kusahara asked, sarcasm evident in his voice.

Shizuku groaned. It was stupid thinking that she could get the two groups to work together. It had been her idea to bring them there in the first place – Tae joined and was also there because why not? Honestly, Shizuku's just trying to distract herself from watching the older girl beat Kondou up on the side.

Shizuku even prepared a little something for the food and entertainment of the two parties but by that point, she knew that they will just end up destroying food – and eventually the whole area – if they were to get together just to look at what Shizuku brought. She thought that she could get away with letting the Yorozuya sit beside the Shinsengumi but in retrospect, she knew that she was never going to be successful in going through a whole day with the two groups beside her. It will be a matter of time before someone actually passes out from a fight – Kondou was already on the verge of that.

Really, Shizuku's tired of being the person always in the middle of things.

She just can't pick a side no matter how hard she tried.

"This might not be one of your best ideas, Shizuku." Kusahara suddenly piped from behind her before he chuckled. "You don't have many bad ideas so this is kind of new."

"Don't remind me." Shizuku sighed. By that point, Hijikata started to direct his anger towards Yamazaki – who was calmly playing badminton before he started running away from the younger male.

"Well, that's the gist of it." Kondou said as he arose from his dead state from the ground, his wounds dark on his face. He probably woke up to calm the area. "It's our yearly function here. We can't move from here. We'll take it with only Otae-san left behind."

"No, we'll need her to disappear as well." Hijikata replied as he magically appeared out of nowhere – Shizuku knew that Yamazaki was writhing somewhere in the scene but she's preventing herself from looking his way (it's mean, she knew, but if one doesn't see it, one doesn't really know if it was there or not, right?). "Only Shizuku gets to stay. Kusahara's a given."

"What are you deciding off on your own?" Gintoki suddenly asked as he stood from his spot, his face looking angry, but his eyes still looking dead as always. "I don't know anything of being the Shogunate's vassal or something like that. If you want to move us, come at us with a bulldozer or something."