y/n laughed. "okay, but why did you rent it out?"

one of the waitresses came over to our table and handed me the microphone with a smile. before we knew it, the restaurant was empty now.

"your about to find out." i spoke into the mic.

i got up and walked onto the stage. with me were four of my home town friends to play the music. i went to talk to them for a minute to see if everything was set up. they told me they had it all ready for me and that they'd start when i gave them the cue.

"hey, don't worry man, you got this." andy patted me on the back.

"yeah, like seriously, i haven't even met y/n yet and i can already tell by the way she looks at you that she loves you." tyler chipped in to make me less nervous.

"really?" i ask him.

all the boys nodded. "she looks at you like your the only person in the world, clay," tyler reassured.

"okay then... here we go." i told them. i walked over to stand in between the drum set and the guitar stand. i looked over at y/n and i could tell she was really confused, yet curious.

"um... y/n, this is for you... i remember you telling me that you like it when i sing so i thought it'd be nice to preform a little concert for you." i spoke into the mic. immediately,
y/n's expression changed to a smile. i turned around and gave the boys a thumbs up.

song recommendation: what you know by two door cinema club

the music started to play and i immediately started to feel better. andy nudged me and shot me a smile and mouthed to me, "you got this!"

more employees of the restaurant started to come out of the back and they began to dance with each other. one of the girls went over to
y/n and told her something but i wasn't able to hear. but, i assume it was good because y/n smiled as the girl pulled her to the other employees and she began to dance with them.

in a few weeks, i will get time
to realize it's right before my eyes
and i can take it, if it's what i want to do

the guitar, the drums, the music... it made me feel really... alive. it's hard to explain. but right now, i was having a fun time.

halfway through the song, i walked down to the floor of the restaurant and started to walk around, lightly dancing with the employees. if i were to actually dance, my voice would bounce—if you didn't know, it's hard to manage singing and jumping around and or dancing at the same time.

and i can't say it's what you know
but you've known it the whole time
yeah, you've known it the whole time

i made my way over to y/n as i sang and twirled her around. she laughed and continued to dance.

and just like that, i was lost in the music and dancing. people was jumping, some were dancing, and a couple people were singing along. but i was watching y/n dance and spin and sing and... now i get why people say i look at her like she's the only person in the world. she's beautiful.

andy came down by everyone to show off his guitar solo and, of course, was surrounded by some of the female employees. i laughed at it and shouted, "WOOOO! YEA ANDY!" andy gave me a they love me look and i laughed even harder.

when the song was coming to an end i went back over to y/n to end the song in a romantic way with her. you don't have to tell me i'm being cheesy, i saw it in a movie and figured it would be fun to do with her. maybe get her flustered one more time... to be honest, i forgot all about our stupid "love war". but then again, it is the thing that got us together so i wouldn't call it stupid exactly.