8

A few days into the new month was refreshing, because Akaza wasn't so clingy anymore. And he's paying more attention to me.

While Akaza was helping me train in the Arena, I had a wierd feeling that crossed over me.

So I took a break and went into the forest to clear my mind.
Akaza said he would join me after he goes to do something.

I sat against a tree and acknowledged wild life.
But something didn't seem right and I didn't know what it was.

After a few minutes, I heard a twig snap.

"hm? A human?" a males voice spoke, it was a demon that had blood all over him.

"usually whoever came across here died because uppermoons lived near here." the demon walked up to me. I didn't seem surprised, since being a demon myself, it is usual to come across different demons.

"whatever, marking a human would be easier then a demon." he shrugged, and I quickly stood up.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I am not a human." i spoke calmly.

"hm? You sure look like one ~" the demon laughed.

"well I am a demon, except I have the looks of a human. Please leave me alone. I have already been marked." I sighed.

"Oh that's right, Muzan had died, so you must be the new Demon king?" he asked.

"yes. So please leave me be." I pointed to the bite mark on my neck.

"what kind of demon marks other demons on their neck? You must have a weak partner. If you accept me as your partner, I'll give you more pleasure and strength." the demon got very close to me.

"No thanks. I'm happy with my partner." I sighed.

The demon grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"trust me, you will change your min-" his head was cut clean off. A human stood straight infront of me.. It was Kanao, I think that sas her name.

"Are you ready to give us answers?! We won't be leaving until you do." She warned me, putting a blade to my throat.

"No not really." I pushed the sword away with my hand and came closer to her face, causing her to blush the slightest. So she likes me.

"T..Thats not the answer I was hoping for.." she muttered, I made it so we were an inch away from eachothers faces.

"Hm? What was the answer?" I placed my hand on her hip and pulled her closer.

"I..I know you're still a demon. I can burn you alive if I wanted to!" She pushed me away.

"Really? K. Do it then." I replied jn a bored tone, then began walking towards the village where there was an open path.

I took one step into the sun as Kanao followed me. I was revealed to the sun, I felt the warmth on my body and Kanao looked shocked.

"Still think I'm a demon?" I tried tricking her.

"You.. can conquer the sun..?" She asked, sweat visible on her face.

".." she started to go into a thinking phase or something.

"Wait! Please.. Help us!" She fell to her knees.

"And why should I?" I asked. I could see Akaza watching me from afar in the shade.

"Because.. we can destroy Muzan.. The demon King.. " she replied.

"Hm? You don't know? Muzan died over a month ago." I shrugged.

"Huh?! Then who.." she seemed confused.