20 | 黄金の水

Start from the beginning

"Ooh~ Is Yuugo worried?" You giggled. Yuugo froze with a dumbfounded smile on his face.

After preparing to leave you were being shaken by Charlie. "Idiot [Y/N] you better be back with all your limbs attached to your body and your soul still in there do you hear me?!" She asked.

"Yes." You mumbled.

She then moved to the rest of the group violently shaking them. "Ray you better not kill yourself out there and be an idiot!"

Charlie had taken up the role of acting as a parent, she made sure to teach the children well manners and new skills all the time and they seemed to enjoy her love a lot.

"Emma don't you dare act without thinking!"

"Oh you both are just perfect! Come back alive!" She said hugging Don and Gilda, placing a kiss on their heads.

"Yes mother." Don laughed.

She finally moved to Zack and Violet pinching their cheeks gently. "You're my favourites! I know you'll be just fine." She chirped.

"That's not fair!" Emma yelled. "I want a kiss too!"

Charlie pointed at her. "You come back alive idiot Emma!"

"I will!"

"You better!"

"Bye, everyone! Be good!" You waved at them for the last time pulling Emma with you.

"Do you hear something?" Violet asked.

You paused and listened, "sounds like a river."

"If the map is correct then there should be a river ahead of us!" Don pointed ahead.

"How do know if that's what the map says when you aren't even looking at it?" Zack asked.

"Ray made them memorise it..." You told him. "It's so much easier than those tests. They're like, memorise this complex image in three seconds or you're stupid."

Zack and Violet sweat dropped when Emma agreed. "Yeah! It was so hard."

Your plan was to stay hidden if you saw even one demon, it was working great. You had to kill them before they called for more. Bungee jumping from the trees to stab the demons was definitely not fun but you managed.

Finally, you arrived. There was nothing but boulders stacked on each other, forming complex shapes. "Are these ruins?" You question.

"We need to find the dragons eye." Don said. "I hope there's some kind of hint here."

While exploring suddenly Emma looked up at the sky in shock. "Emma?" You waved your hand near her face but there was no response.

"Hey, Emma wake up." Don shook her shoulders a little.

"Wake up!" Violet yelled slapping her.

"Dear god." You prayed Violet would never have to slap you because it sounded painful. Luckily Emma snapped back to reality and asked if you saw the dragon.

"Eh?" You watched as she climbed one of the ruins. "It's an eye." She declared.

Emma explained what she saw.

"So, if Emma was able to see a place with the day and the night, then we'll be able to find the entrance." Zack said.

"But he said the entrance isn't anywhere but everywhere." Don said. "Just what are we trying to find?"

"Let's return to the shelter." Ray spoke up.

You nodded. "We can research more there."

Its been months since then, The research for what Emma saw and the walls progressed further. Your bonds with everyone from Goldy Pond had grown stronger and they taught you how to use bows and guns leading you to start relying on long range much more.

You were now on the new plan. Finding the golden water and that meant,

you had to go undercover.

You walked through the town of demons carefully. Avoiding any contact with them.

"Brother!" You heard a demon talk, "Weird feet! Weird feet!"

You knew that demon was referring to Don and the way he walked showing his shoes. All of you sprinted to the gates, luckily not bumping into any other demons and got out of town.

"That was close." Emma huffed.

"Don! I told you the way you walked would attract attention!" Gilda exclaimed.

You stretched your body, standing on your tippy toes and raising your arms up. You let a yawn escape your lips and relaxed onto your feet again.

"Let's go home!" You chirped.

You all arrived at the shelter a lot faster. "We're back!" You cheered.

"Welcome back everyone!" They cheered hugging you.

"Oh look at you guys, you've grown so much!" You smiled.

"So did you find it?" Yuugo asked.

"Yup! The Golden Water and the Temple. We found it."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙