𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒉 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

Start from the beginning

I smiled softly, avoiding his stare, and focusing on the sand below my feet.
I played with my toes as I thought of what to answer him.

"I'm Louis."

Harry frowned and it looked like he wanted to say or ask something but he stopped himself.

"Why are you here?"

I took a bit of warm sand in my hand, letting it fall through my fingers as I thought of a normal answer.

"I thought you wanted company."

"Why would you think that?"

"Because you were alone. And it's not the first time."

"How do you know?"

"I've seen you around." - I shrugged, still focused on the sand between my fingers.

I knew I couldn't deal with looking straight into his eyes yet, because I would probably freeze.
And that wasn't an option, I needed to keep the conversation going.

"You know who I am?" - He asked sharply.

"I think by now everyone in town knows who you are."

He laughed bitterly.

"So, you're here to ask for something, aren't you?"

"What? No!" - I said, looking up and finally finding his eyes.

I felt like I was burning inside.
I felt like the world stopped working around us.
No time, no sound, no air.
Just Harry's eyes a few inches from me.

Why does this keep happening?
Why are his eyes so blue?

I could still hear him. Even being as close as we are.
Okay, that's a new one.
Keep talking, Louis.

But I just couldn't, all my words were lost the second I had laid my eyes on his'.

What does this guy have on me?
Harry, say something. What's wrong with you?

"Then why are you here? What do you really want?" - He broke the silence and just like that I felt like the air was passing through my lungs again.

Louis, you can't tell him the truth. It would only make him run away.
Think of an excuse. Fast.

"I'm here to… to be your friend." - I said, doubtfully.

Harry laughed.

"I don't need a friend."

"Okay." - I shrugged, but not moved from where I was.

I looked in front of me and admired the calm water disappearing on the horizon where it melted with the blue sky.

I felt Harry's look over me for a few seconds, as if he was waiting for me to go away and leave him alone.
But I was not going to give him the pleasure.
The beach was still a public space, wasn't it? I was just sitting there, doing nothing.

I felt him sigh and turn to stare at the horizon as well.

"I'm Harry by the way." - He said without even glancing at me.

"Hi Harry." - I smiled in victory, and hoped he didn't notice.

It's not like we shared any other word after that, we just stayed there, sitting side by side, enjoying the infinite sea in front of us as the crash of the waves filled the silence.

But at least I could still hear him inside my head. And it was better than nothing.

I guess he was right, I do need company.

I smiled to myself and fought the urge of answering him.
He probably wasn't ready for me to explain the whole soulmate connection yet, and answering to his thoughts would only make it weird.

For now I must conform with this. I was sitting next to him, and we kinda shared a civilized chat minutes before.
So it was a huge step for us.

I needed to work from here.

I felt him moving by my side and I looked up to see him standing and putting back on his trainers and his shirt.

"I'm sorry, I have to be back by lunch. Some meeting." - He shrugged, looking at the ground.

"Sure." - I smiled and stood up as well. - "I should head back too anyways."

"Cool." - He said and I noted he was avoiding to look directly at me.

"Goodbye, Harry."

He was now looking everywhere except for me and it couldn't be more notorious.

"Goodbye, Louis."

I saw his chest growing as he took a deep breath and started running in the direction of the city without looking back.

________

Guys!  I bet this was the chapter you were all waiting for, right?

What do you think is going to happen next?

How are you all doing? How is July treating you so far?

Tell me your predictions for the eleventh anniversary this month.

Mag 🦋