Long time ago ✔

Start from the beginning

"Whats going on here?" I heard a voice. Antonio.

"Antonio." I said with a smile and walked around the little crowd. "How much I missed you." I said playfully.

"Caroline how much I didn't miss you." He said with a smile as I pulled him into a hug.

"We both know that's not true." I said.

------

I walked into fire department 51, to go see my partner in crime for twenty years. Kelly Severide. And to see my other friends of course.

I went in a stopped to look around. This place is like my second home. The first one is the district.

"Excuse me. Can I help you?"A man with short brown hair asked as he approached me.

"Uhm,yeah,actually I'm looking for-" I started but I heard a voice behind me.

"Caroline?"

I turned around and smiled.

"Matt" I walked up to him and laughed,as I brought him into a big hug. We pulled away and he rested his hands on my waist and I kept my hands on his shoulder. I met Casey when I first came to visit Kelly here,and we were fast to become friends and then he became one of my best friend.

"What are you doing here?"He asked.

"I'm back."

"That's amazing." He smiled and the door behind him opened and the rest of the team walked out.

"Guys!"I yelled and I quickly run up to them and gave every one of them a hug. Starting with Gabby and Shay, then Herrmann,Mouch, Cruz and Otis.

After the reunion,we gathered in a little circle.

"It's so good to see you guys."I said.

"You too,Care."Shay smiled.

Then,I noticed that the guy who asked me if he could help me is standing there akwardly.

"God,I'm so sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Caroline Blake."I told him as I walked closer to him and stuck out my hand,which he took.

"I'm Peter Mills. Nice to meet you."He said.

"Yeah,you too. I'm guessing by your shirt that you're the new candidate." I said and he nodded his head. "I know they're giving you a hard time,but trust me, it'll be worth it. You want to be a part of this family."

"Yeah,thanks. Are you a paramedic,or a firefighter?"He asked.

"Neither actually. I'm a cop."

"Oh, then how do you know them?"He asked referring to the others.

"I'm working with Gabby's brother,but also Kelly is my best friend since we were kids,and he introduced me to them.... About that,where is he?"I asked.

"I'm right here." He said and I turned around. I smiled and tears gathered in my eyes,I haven't seen him in years,we talked on the phone,sure but that's not the same. We stood there frozen,for what felt like years but it was only a few seconds. I ran into his arms and he picked me up and spined me in the air while hugging me. I locked my legs around his torso,and held him as tears fell from my eyes.

"I missed you Lynn." He whispered into my ear. He used the nickname he had given me when we were 10.

"Me too,Kells"I sniffled.

"The ride or die duo is back together."Herrmann joked.

I let out a little laugh as Kelly placed me back on the ground.

"Truck 81,squad 3, ambulance 61..."

"I have to go, but meet me after my shift at Molly's tommorow." Kelly said.

"Yeah,sure." I smiled. I watched as everyone got into their trucks and I waved as they drove away.

------

I walked out of Chicago Med after I met up with Natalie, and I headed to a coffee shop.

When I walked in I saw a familiar face sitting at the counter. I slid down on the chair next to him.

"Hi, Jay." I greeted,he looked at me and smiled. "Hey, Caroline."He said

" What are you doing here? "He asked.

"Getting a coffee. You?"

"Same."

"This was the crappiest conversation ever." I laughed.

"Yeah, it really was. We're gonna be partners, did you know?" He asked.

"Yeah, I heard." I Replied.

After that we spent an hour talking and getting to know eachother. At the end we exchanged numbers and we left.

A/n: The first chapter is finally here. Ugh, i'm so excited for this book, I have so much planned out for Caroline, and I can't wait to bring her character to life. Also, can't wait for Caroline and Jay to get together. And i'm already obsessed with Caroline's friendships with her team,the 51's and Kelly. And also I know this chapter is bad, I started writing it like last year then I kinda left it, but today I had ideas for it,but i just did a few changes in this chapter, i didn't want to fully rewrite it.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Stay safe,guys. Xoxo