"What?"

"Don't go anywhere without my presence."

"Kung alam mong nandoon lang naman ako ay dapat tumabi ka na lang sa akin." She pouted her lips. She heard the dance this year was better than the previous. She wanted to see more!

Giovanni turned his sight away. He saw it, and that made him act without thinking. He was scared, and he did not want it to happen again. Ashanti might return to the man, the past could occur once again, and that was the last thing he would want her to experience.

She rolled her eyes as the people clapped, indicating the introduction was done. Unti-unti nang nawala ang mga tao na sumayaw kanina. Ang boses naman ng emcee ang namayagpag pagkatapos.

"Alles Walzer!"

Now, it was the time for the juniors and seniors. Bago pa siya makapagsalita ay hinawakan na ng lalaki ang kaniyang kamay. She immediately turned her sight at him and saw how his eyes made a curve while looking at her.

"The fiancé must be your first dance, and that's part of Arsace's tradition."

She wanted to scream badly. As she stood up and walked to the center, still holding his hands, a tear left her eye. She quickly brushed it off before the man could ever see it. She had no idea why, but she was certain it was not because of discomfort.

It made her hard to breathe. She turned her way to him and stared into his eyes.

It was as if a déjà vu. She blinked and slightly shook her head. No way, she only met him in this lifetime, how come the moment felt so nostalgic for her?

"Are you alright?" mahinang tanong sa kaniya ni Giovanni. She nodded as her reply.

The music started. She put her other hand as the beat slowly ate their senses away from the people in their surroundings. Their eyes were locked at each other while they swayed their body, dancing the traditional steps of the first dance in Arsace. Those obsidian eyes earned her the urge to secretly bite her lips and feel her heartbeat.

Hindi iyon nakakasawang tignan. Kaya niyang ilapag ang paningin dito hanggang sa matapos ang sayaw.

And that was what happened.

She did not realize the music ended until Giovanni stopped moving. Her cheeks burned as she turned her sight away. She even heard the chuckles the man gave while watching how embarrassed she was.

The second dance was about to start and she needed to go to other dancers who were waiting for her. She took a deep breath and was about to take off her hand from him when he pulled her closer.

Her eyes enlarged as she glared at him. Nakatingin pa rin ito sa kaniya kung kaya't mas lalo siyang hindi nakapalag sa higpit ng hawak nito sa kaniyang baywang. She mouthed "why?" but he had no answer. The music started and she did not have a choice but to dance with him once again, or else the formation would get destroyed by her.

Calista clenched her fist as she looked at the two in the center. Hindi niya napigilang ikuyom ang kaniyang kamao habang naghahanap ng kapareha. She was about to go between them, and looked like Kalen was about to do the same thing.

She sighed as she held the hand of another man. She wanted to talk to Giovanni. She asked Kalen a while ago about their relationship and he raised his shoulder as his answer. Was that mean their engagement would not get called off? That made her blood boil.