The Finding

Jenny Logan saw a dirt road to her right it did not show up on her GPS but Jenny had found some of her best photographic shots just this way. She traveled about a mile before she saw the old house and barn. It was a good thing she had a sturdy four wheel drive Jeep, the road was full of gullies and pot holes from lack of upkeep. There were no , do not trespass, signs anywhere to be seen. Jenny's Breath almost caught with the sight. The house looked surprisingly good, it was weathered but looked sturdy. There were tulip trees in bloom in the yard. The tulips trees smelled so fragrant . The surrounding trees were white oak and red oaks. There was a rock path to the wide stairs that led to the front porch. The house looked to have been built in the 1800's. She stood mesmerized looking at the two story house. It had a 6 columned porch across the front of the house with a terrace on the second floor. There was an arched door way, and two large picture windows.
Jenny started snapping her camera. She loved her Cannon EO5 ID Mark 11. It took awhile to master but she loved the pictures she could get and quality was what counted. She snapped pictures of the house and the barn and the surrounding pasture land.
Jenny went up on the front porch and touched the door . She just wanted to touch the door,when the door opened she stuck her head in the door it was still furnished. The furniture was covered. She just had to look. A house out this far appearing to be deserted. She peaked under the cloths and was amazed by the beautiful furnishings she found. The kitchen was primitive by the 2014 standards but it was large complete with a pantry. The stairs were polished oak . The up stairs had four bedrooms. It even had an attic with lots of things there. When she returned down stairs she went to the dinning room uncovered a chair and sat listening to the birds sing. She Jenny felt at peace warm and whole she did not understand it but it was as if someone had hugged her and said welcome home.
With reluctance in her heart she left. As she drove she realized she would love to live here and with a little fixing up it would be a wonderful home. She did not have that manny friends in Matewon West Virginia . It was fine but it was a small town where everyone knew everyone else but she never felt she truly belonged there. She had been living on the road for some time now and had made a great deal of money from her photos. Maybe she could take a while here fix up her home and have real roots to come back to. Besides she had made one friend in the last two weeks she had been here. She loved the Biltmore House/mansion. She loved strolling through the house living in the nostalgia of the past. She drove into town and ask at a realtors office about the property. The man Tim Simmons knew the owner . The man lived in New York. His name was Roy Turner. He was in the oil industry and was quite well off. The place had belonged to his Great Great Grandfather Bill Turner. he would contact Mr. Turner and see if he would consider selling the place. It was a hundred acre track that the house sat on. Jenny shook Tim,s hand and they both gave each other their cards. She still had the huge insurance settlements from her mom and dad's insurance. They had died in a car wreck when a police car involved in a high speed chase hit them. Their insurance policies were very large plus the state had compensated her as well, and she had been quite successful in her own ventures. The money had been invested for her and had tripled . She left for her suite, she loved the comfort and luxuriousness. Most of all she loved the jacuzzi in her room.

When she arrived she was exhausted so she called room service showered and prepare to start examining her work so she could pick out the best shots to upload to her publishers. Everything was looking great till she came on a picture of a man leaning against the barn door. He had buckskin slacks black hair and beard. He was very muscular as well. He looked familiar to her. She knew she would have known if she had seen him there, and h,e was not. Then she came upon a picture of a girl in a perry winkle blue dress. She had brow hair and green eyes. Her dress was to her ankles and she wore a lace up pair of boots she was pointing to a overgrown trail. Then a shot of them both running down the trail. This was crazy. There was no-one there. How in the world could this be. Well she would get to the bottom of this tomorrow she would be there early and check the place out !