Shadow Over Mondstadt

Começar do início

Well, that's a relief. But what's the Four Winds of Mondstadt? Rimuru thought, confused. He really needs to go to a library. Surely they must have a lot information about this world. 

"However, the pressure from the delegation has become too big to be ignored..." Rimuru perked up at what Jean just said. 

"Delegation?" Paimon was confused. "From Liyue Harbor or Inazuma City?"

"Is it about the girl?" Rimuru guessed. 

Jean nodded, confirming Rimuru's guess before answering Paimon's question. "Snezhnaya. They choose to follow the God of Cryo. Their envoys go by a particular name: The Fatui. Heard of them?" 

Rimuru and Aether nodded. 

"Oh, them. They are super famous." Paimon answered. "Wait, infamous is more the word..."

"I don't think killing Stormterror is the right course of action." Jean said.

Rimuru nodded. "Neither do I. You said Stormterror is one of the Four Winds, I'm guessing he is very important and used to protect you." Jean nodded and Rimuru continued. "Then, something must have happened to Stormterror. We cannot just kill him when we don't know the full story." 

Jean nodded, agreeing with him. "Exactly. However, the Cryo God's Fatui have always coveted the Anemo God's power. I don't believe they have Mondstadt's best interests at heart." 

Rimuru could relate to that. Hell, he slaughtered an army that he didn't like and it was necessary besides they strike first and broke his trust. It's only fair, and...

they deserve it anyway. A sinister voice that sounded eerie like his, whispered.

"Speaking of power..." Aether trailed off, glancing at Rimuru, who gave him a nod. 

"What is it, Aether?" 

"There's something I need to show the Knights of Favonius." Aether decided to trust them with what they saw before coming to Mondstadt.

"Oh? Let us head back to headquarters then." Jean said. "We shouldn't discuss important matters... out in the open." 

"I agree, especially when the Fatui is around." Rimuru agreed. 

Rimuru and the others followed Jean to the Knight's of Favonius' HQ. 

"Mondstadt and Snezhnaya are considered the same in status." Jean said, making Rimuru and Aether pay attention.

"How so?" Rimuru asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Mondstadt is independent, and does not belong to any other nation. In fact, despite being referred to as a city, Mondstadt is a nation. Though Snezhnaya's Fatui are known to be the most aggressive diplomats in Teyvat..." Jean explained.

Paimon nodded. "Makes sense, given the tone of that woman just now — so rude!"

Rimuru and Aether agreed. 

.

.

.

Finally arriving inside of Jean's office, Aether showed them the strange dark crystal they found in the forest. 

"It's a crystal embedded with some kind of power... Lisa, are you able to analyze it?" Jean asked Lisa, who narrowed her eyes in concentration.

"Let me take a look..." Lisa then frowned. "Hmm... I can see impurities in the crystal, but upon further inspection... No, I'm sorry, I can't make a proper analysis at the moment. Give me some time. I'll take a look through the library's restricted section." Lisa said, looking a little down that she couldn't able to figure it out.