Hugs

PAIRING: Olivia x female!reader
REQUESTED: No
WARNINGS: A bit sad
SUMMARY: Olivia hugs you when you come home with distressing news
***

You have always been the hugging type while your girlfriend, Olive was not so much.

It was a tad bit different with you, as she made some acceptance in hugs. Olivia loved you more than words can describe, and you loved her just as much if not more than that. Sometimes if she was in the teasing mood, she would stick her hand out as if expecting you to hand her money and playfully charge you five or more dollars per hug. But today, you have been needing a hug from her more than anything else.

Why is that you may ask? While you were at work, you have received a phone call from your mother with some distressing news: your childhood best friend, your dog, had to be put down due to incredibly, almost unspeakable anxiety. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't stop the tears from rolling down your cheeks in which caused you to be out of focused on the tasks that needed to be down today and it caused coworkers to worry about you. They grew concerned that they might have said or did anything to upset you and word got to your manager who called you on her office, wanting to know what was going on. It was very difficult for you, but you told her everything and she was very understanding, understanding enough to let you take the rest of the day off so that you could go be with Olivia.

Of course, because you were the stubborn type, you tried to deny Emma's offer in letting you go home. But when she offered it the second time and insisted on it, you took the offer with a lot of gratitude. You really couldn't have asked for a greater manger than Emma.

"Are you sure?"

"I insist. Go home and take charge in eating all the ice cream until you feel better."

With that, you turned around and left to go home. Just as soon as you walked in the front door of your home, the first thing you did was call out for Olivia.

"Olivia?"

"In the kitchen!"

Thank god she was home! Once you got to the kitchen, Olivia's bright smile changed as a look of concern took over her face when she took notice in your dried tear stains on your cheeks. Walking towards you, she gently placed both hands on either side of your cheeks while stroking her thumb softly as she traced the dried tear stains before saying anything else to you.

"Are you alright, honey?"

"Mother called me at work today and informed me my dog had to be put down."

Before you could go on, you were engulfed in a hug that you so badly needed, as Olivia whispered sweet nothings in your ear before pulling away to make a suggestion.

"Listen, I was planning on making us a meal tonight, but how about we order takeout and watch some movies tonight instead?"

"That sounds wonderful."

...and that's what you did.

***
REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!

A/N: Dedicated to my pit bull, Anubis, who will have to be put down next week.