17.5 | All I Want For Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Hmm?" Divine kept his eyes on the ceiling.

"You don't listen." She mumbled. Referring to him being in her bed.

"I never do." He mumbled back. "Shh, go back to sleep."

Instead of saying anything back Sade just fell back into her deep slumber, understanding she needed this moment of his presence too. Divine turned to kiss her forehead before closing his eyes to drift back to sleep himself.

———

2:19pm

       Sade was now up wrapping the last of the gifts. Over the course of his bid Sade had picked up things for Divine and decided she might as well make them his gifts. Since she didn't know when or if he was coming home the gifts were random. She just bought things with him in mind to feel like her was coming home no matter what, and she was right.

She knew he didn't celebrate Christmas because of his religion but that wasn't gonna stop her from celebrating. After all this was Her house. One of the things she got him was a new prayer rug straight from Africa, and two small ones to match for their sons. So she knew he'd appreciate it more than anything.

"Someone who could satisfy my every little neeeeeed...."  Sade hummed and rubbed on her stomach. "Mommy gonna feed you in a second" Sade spoke to her stomach.

"I been waiting for someone to bring their love to me.... I'm hoping it's you...." Sade sang along to 'I hope it's you' by Donell Jones. She had the song on replay on her sound bar downstairs. Keeping it low enough where she doesn't wake up Divine who was still knocked out. She had a bad habit of rinsing a song when she re falls in love with it. That's one thing they both connected on, their love for 90s music. The kind that wasn't mainstream at that.

Hearing the music cut off, she scrunched up her eyebrows before she sees its her Mother Solei and father Silas calling her on Group FaceTime.

"Hey Ma, Hi daddy" she smiled into the camera. Propping the phone on the coffee table before finishing up wrapping the last gift.

"Hi baby- wassup Shnooks." They responded at the same time. "How you feeling today? How's my grandbabies?" Solai asks.

"I'm feeling really good, the boys haven't been kicking too much today. I'm bout to get up and eat something in a second." Sade says " just a little sad yal not here for Christmas.."

"Sorry baby, next year I'll be there with you and the kids." Silas responds. "I'm mad I'm not there now."

"Yeah I just miss yal.." Sade trails off. "We miss you too baby" Solei replies with sadness in her voice. "But baby you're an adult now, we raised you well and now it's time for you to build your own family and traditions."

Nodding her head in understanding "I know ma, trust me. Just make sure next year Yao both don't miss my traditions." Sade replied.

"Don't get smart with me." Solei responds with a chuckle.

"I'm so winded from wrapping these gifts. Lemme put them under the tree so I can go eat and lay back down." Sade says grabbing her phone.

"Don't be lazy! You better had been in that kitchen" Solei laughs, Silas just listening to them go back and forth with dialogue. He loved these moments.

"You already know I got busy! The ham in there cooking right now. I just finished sorrel this morning."

"Lemme see" Silas said.

Sade stood up from sitting on the living room rug, walking over to the kitchen. Flipping the camera she shows her parents the trays of food that was already completed and the food still on the stove cooking.