Spaghetti

"Dean, What is that.."

"Taste it."

"Mmm.. Its salty. I like it."

"Here, hold this."

Dean handed the ladle to Cas, and Cas licked at the red sauce some more, "What is this called again?" Dean picked up a fork and began stirring the pasta noodles, "Spaghetti." He nodded towards the sauce pan, "Get more if you'd like." Cas eagerly went over to the oven, spooning a small amount. Dean watched him out of the corner of his eye, chuckling lightheartedly, "Noodles are probably close to being done, so dont fill up on the sauce." Cas frowned and moved back behind the counter, watching Dean cook.

Dean stopped stirring and lifted his fork, a few noodles dangling. He picked one off and shook the others back in the pot. Dean turned around and reached across the counter, holding out the noodle for Cas to take, "Eat it. Tell me if its soft enough." Cas gave Dean a strange look, but took it. He lowered it into his mouth, making Dean snicker, "You look like a baby bird, Cas." Dean threw his head back and laughed, "Which is ironic, you both cant fly!" Cas rolled his eyes, "Just because Im human now, doesnt mean you can make fun of me." Dean held his hands up in defense, his smile still bright, "Apologies. So, hows that noodle?"

Cas chewed on the noodle, the bland taste not what he expected, "Its soft." Cas swallowed. Dean nodded and turned away, taking the noodles off the burner. Cas skirted around the counter, sneaking up next to the sauce pan. While Dean was distracted by draining the noodles, he swiped a finger through the sauce. Dean turned around just in time to see Cas lick it off his finger, and he practically dropped the drainer with the noodles in it, "Dammit, Cas!" Dean shook his head, "What did i tell you?" Cas shrugged and wiped his hands on his coat. The tips of Dean's ears were bright red, and his freckles seemed to stand out more, "Dean, why are you red?"

Dean scoffed and turned his head away, "Steam from the pot."

Cas quirked his lips up in a small smirk at Dean's lame excuse, "Okay then." Dean pursed his lips and leaned against the counter, giving Cas a nervous glance.

With good self control, Cas walked by the sauce pan without tasting its salty goodness once more. He pulled it off the burner and set it on the counter next to the noodles, now in a pot.

Sam walked through the door, "Just in time, dinner's ready." Dean called. Sam came striding into the kitchen, opeing the fridge to set a case of beer on the bottom shelf. Cas stepped aside, watching the Winchester brothers argue, "Sorry, card declined and traffic was a bitch." Dean muttered, "Oh, so traffic was you?" Sam furrowed his face in confusion, "I dont get it.." Dean turned around, untieing the apron from his hips, "Im calling you a bitch, you ass." Cas cleared his throat, and they swiveled their heads over to him, "I dont mean to interrupt, but Im sure food is better hot."

Dean blinked a few times, before walking over to Cas, "Right." Cas stepped to the side and Dean
leaned up to open the cabinet doors. He retrieved a plate and two bowls, handing one of the bowls to Sam. Sam chuckled, "Who gets the plate?" Dean fished out some noodles onto the plate and handed it to Cas, "Mr.Newly Human over here gets the anti-mess plate." Cas frowned, "Im not a child, Dean." He smirked, "Your right, but it doesnt mean that your incapable of making a mess." Dean pulled a drawer open and pulled out forks, handing one to Cas and Sam.

Dean pulled Cas over to the sauce pan, "Get as much as you want." Cas perked up, "As much as i want?" Dean rolled his eyes, "Within reason. Save some for us." Cas nodded and ladled some over his noodles, going back for a second scoop. Dean pulled the ladle away from him and motioned for the table, "Alright, sit down." Cas nudged Dean in the shoulder before walking to the table.

He pulled out a seat, mentally saving the one next to him for Dean. Cas looked down at his plate and licked his lips. As good as the sauce tasted, Cas waited for the other men.

Sam walked out first, followed by Dean. Both carrying their own bowls, they sat down in the seats Cas had prepped for them. Dean plopped down next to Cas and looked over at him, doubletaking when he saw his untouched dinner, "Not hungry?" Cas shook his head and looked at Sam, then back at Dean, "I wanted to wait for you, Dean." Dean chuckled, "Thats sweet."

Dean lifted the apron over his head and tossed it into the kitchen, turning back to his plate. Dean stabbed a fork into his pasta and spun it, hovering it over his mouth. Cas looked to Sam, "Dont you say grace before a meal?" Dean coughed and set his fork down, "Uh, not really." Sam gave Dean a look, and turned back to Cas, "No, but we will now."

Dean groaned and lolled his head back, "Fine. Lets get it over with, im starving." Cas smiled gratefully and reached across the table to grab Sam's hand. Dean reluctantly took Sam's hand, muttering a remark about it 'being gay'. Cas held his hand out to Dean, locking his fingers with his. Dean furrowed his brows, "Dean, would you like to lead this time?" Dean rolled his eyes, "Whatever." Cas could feel Dean's sweaty hand shaking slightly, and he squeezed gently, urging him to speak.

Dean cleared his throat, "Uh, okay.."" Everyone bowed their heads and closed their eyes, "Thanks for the food, i guess. Even though im the one who made it.." Sam grunted, "Okay okay, im gettin to it."

"Thank you Lord for our daily intake of shitty beer and greasy burgers." Cas peeped his eye open just in time to see a small smile spread across Dean's face, "And for Uh.. for letting us live another day, I guess." Dean opened his eyes and looked over at Cas, an immediate blush rising on his neck.

"Uh.. uh.. And.." Dean looked away and closed his eyes again, "And for Sammy.. and Cas.." Dean squeezed Cas's hands before opening his eyes again, "A-friggin-men. Lets eat." Dean stabbed into his spaghetti once more and so did everyone else.

"That was a nice prayer, Dean." Cas whispered. Dean shrugged and chewed down his food, "To be completely honest, I've never done that before." He smiled wolfishly and winked at Cas.

"This is actually good." Sam piped up, "Actually good? Ofcourse it's good, I was the one who made it." Dean retorted.

Cas chuckled and forked more pasta into his mouth, the salty sauce lighting up his tastebuds, "It's very good, Dean."

Dean smiled back at Cas, "Glad to know someone appreciates my skill." Dean shot Sam a sly look, and he ignored him, much to Dean's dismay.

Once everyone finished, Cas collected the plates. He started to wash the dishes at the sink, almost finished when Dean walked up behind him, "Hey." Cas jumped when arms were slung over his shoulders, a heavy weight on his back, "Dean, what're you-"

Dean placed a small kiss on Cas's cheek, merely a peck. Cas blushed and set down the plate he was washing, "You just don't know when to shut up, do you?" Dean snickered, sliding his arms off of Cas's shoulders, "I guess not." Dean walked away from Cas, smiling, "Thanks for dinner, Dean."

"Hope you saved an appetite for desert."
Cas furrowed his brows, "You got dessert?"
Dean chuckled, "Been savin' it all day."

Cas smiled small, "Did you tell Sam?"

Dean just turned away, "Oh, I don't think Sam wants any of this dessert."

Cas smirked and went back to washing, "Your somethin' else, Dean Winchester."

____________________________

A/N: ugh this was terrible.
I still need some ideas, so it'd be so helpful if you could comment some.
Thanks!