"This...this is real?" Silvermist whispered.

Tink nodded. "It is. And I think it's part of the reason for the strange occurrences recently."

"So...what you're saying is..." Vidia coaxed, frowning, having obviously riddled it all out already but waiting for Tinker Bell to confirm her suspicions.

"I think there's a Protector here in Pixie Hollow," Tink reasoned. "Or in the Winter Woods," she went on when they all flashed her shocked looks. "After all, that's where all of this seems to be centered."

"So you think it might be a winter fairy?" Fawn asked.

"I don't know," Tink admitted. "At this point, it's too hard to tell. It could literally be anyone."

"Well, it's not me," Bobble insisted.

"Or me," Clank added.

"Me either," Silvermist commented.

"I don't think it's any of us, here," Tink told them. "But that still leaves a whole bunch of fairies that we can't just walk up to and accuse of causing all of this trouble. There has to be an easier way to narrow down our list of suspects."

"Suspects?" Vidia raised an eyebrow. "You're really set on this whole crime thing aren't you?"

Tink ignored her. "Has anyone seen anything? Anyone acting weird or suspicious?" she asked the others who, after a quick glance at one another, shook their heads. "No one?"

"No one," Rosetta told her. "Everyone seems like their normal selves. How are we supposed to tell if anyone is acting differently, anyhow?"

"Well, I haven't thought that part out yet," Tink confessed. "But I believe our best option would be for some of us to go and see the storm-talents and for some of us to talk to Nyx and the other scouts. Maybe, between the two of them, they saw something that could help."

"That sounds like a good idea," Silvermist said quietly.

"So who's going to go where?" Vidia questioned. "We certainly can't all interrogate them. That would make whoever it is suspicious for sure."

"I think Rosetta, Fawn, and Silvermist should go and talk to the scouts," Tink suggested. "Meanwhile; Vidia, Iridessa, Clank, Bobble, and I will--"

"Actually," Clank cut her off, glancing down at the table apologetically. "Fairy Mary needs me and Bobble back at Tinker's Nook this afternoon to help with the deliveries."

"But we can keep an eye out for anyone actin' suspicious," Bobble added quickly.

"Okay," Tink said, giving them a nod, disappointed but mind already whirling to alter the plan. "Then Vidia and Iridessa will come with me to talk to the storm-talents. Sound good with everybody?"

"Sounds good," everyone said.

"All right. You all have your missions. We'll meet back here tomorrow morning, okay?"

"Okay!"

* * *

"Hey," Nyx said flatly as the girls arrived at the scouts' headquarters. She was busy polishing her spear and didn't pay them much mind as they entered. "Fawn, Sil, Ro, what can I do for the three of you this afternoon? This isn't about Gruff, is it?"

"No," Fawn assured her as the three of them piled through Nyx's front door. "This is about...something else." She hesitated, possibly due to knowing how Nyx tended to respond, stabbing with her spear and asking questions later. "Have you seen...anything...strange...recently?"