Lucky Compass 2 Part 25

Começar do início

"He won't," JJ assured her, "He said if we get separated to head for Heyward's.  They'll have a better chance getting away on foot.  They'll be fine."

Chewing on her lip as she watched the lighthouse get smaller and smaller Coral hoped he was right.

After several hours of hanging around Pope's family store without any sign of either Kie or John B, Coral decided to take the van home to see if her brother had gone back there

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" JJ asked.  "I'm sure," she assured him, "Besides you're in the middle of helping Pope fix that engine so just finish that.  If he's not there I'll come back," she promised as she climbed into the drivers seat.

"Okay," he said leaning in the open window and kissing her, "If you're not back by the time we're done with the engine I'll head over," he told her before kissing her one last time.

Waving to Pope Coral drove back to The Chateau hoping to find her brother.

Pulling into the drive she shut the van off staring out the window confused about the smoke coming from the back yard.  Shoving the door open she hurried around back and stopped short at the sight of her father's research burning and John B clutching a piece of the corkboard staring at it.

"What in the actual fuck are you doing?"

Startled John B looked up with wide eyes, "I figured it out Coral," he answered without actually answering her question.  Waving the piece of corkboard he hurried towards her before shoving the piece in her face, "Right here.  Olivia R Routeledge," he told her pointing to a slip of paper with the name on it, "Her maiden name was Redfield." 

"Yeah, so?"  Coral questioned.

"So, she was our great great grandmother.  Redfield wasn't a place it was a person.  Dad wanted us to go see Olivia," he responded.  

Furrowing her brow Coral blinked repeatedly, "JB you're losing it.  Olivia's dead," she reminded him, "So unless we're going grave robbing," she cut herself off at the look on her brother's face, "We're going grave robbing aren't we?" she asked with a sigh.

"Yep," he said, plucking the keys for the van out of her hand before hurrying over to it, "Come on, let's go, we've gotta pick up the others," he told her climbing into the drivers seat.

After driving by Heyward's and picking up JJ and Pope John B headed to The Wreck to pick up Kiara.  Leaning against JJ on the back bench of the van he and Coral passed a joint back and forth as they waited while Pope ran in to get the curly haired girl.  When he came out a few minutes later without her throwing his hands up in the air Coral sat up in confusion.

"Why isn't she coming?"

"Shit.  I'll take care of it," John B declared before getting out and heading inside.