Chapter One: Party in Roxxcart

"Where there are wolf's ears, wolf's teeth are near."
___________________________________
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
1985

A group of four Minutemen exit into a Renaissance fair on a hunt for the Variants.

"Hi? What's going on? You guys aren't dressed right." A woman says to them. They ignore her, scanning the area.

"Varients detected,Commander." C-20s gaze falls onto a tent not very far from where they stand.

"Let's move." She announces, leading her team. The renaissance woman sighs,

"Some of us need this, you know."

C-20 enters the tent first looking for any signs of the Variants.

"No nexus energy yet, ma'am." Suddenly music starts to blare from a speaker up above.

"It's a trap. Watch your backs!" C-20 tells them. As she moves around the tents, a green aura enters her mind, controlling her. She unstraps her helmet, letting it fall to the ground.

She kicks the back of a Minuteman's knees making him fall to the ground.

"Commander?" She grabs a jousting stick and stabs the Minuteman. One of the Variants kicks the Minuteman down.

C-20 drops the stick and attacks another member of her team.

"What are you doing?" He asks her, as she chokes him with his prune stick.

"Having some fun." Her eyes flash green as she falls to the ground, no longer controlled. The man kneels down next to his commander and looks up to see the Variants.

He runs to attack when the taller of the two hits him over the head with their weapon, knocking him out.

The taller grabs the reset charges while the shorter prepares their escape. C-20 is picked up and dragged through the portal with them.

___________________________________
Haven Hills, Alabama
2050

Two figures stand, watching the Minutemen enter the Roxxcart on the security cameras. The one stands typing something.

"Will you hurry up?" The taller asks.

"Oh shut it." They move away to reveal a countdown of some sort.

___________________________________
Haven Hills, Alabama
2050

A man stands off to the side looking at plants.

Loki and Hunter B-15 watch him carefully.

"Hey!"  B-15 says to him. He turns around and puts his hands up.

Woah, woah. It's okay. It's okay." He tells them.

"What are you doing?" She points the prune stick at him.

"Shopping for plants." Looks of confusion form of both Loki's and B-15's faces.

"In this storm?." Loki asks.

"It's a hurricane sale. Azaleas are half off."

"Could that be you?" B-15 whispers to Loki.

"I mean I probably would have worn a suit, but, yes, maybe." They both move towards the man when he reaches out and grabs B-15's arm.

A green aura spreads up her arm as he faints to the ground. B-15 slowly turns around to look at Loki.

"Is he dead?" Loki asks.

"No. They usually survive." Loki's head snaps up.

"So, your the fool the TVA as brought in to hunt us down." Realization overcomes Loki's face.

"Me, I presume." He takes a guess mostly because of the powers.

"Please. If anyone's anyone, your me." She tilts her head and gives him a fake smile. He gives and even faker smile back.

"How nice to meet you."

___________________________________
A/n
Here's my first official chapter! Please comment and let me know your thoughts.