getting attention (at work)

Start from the beginning

As soon as the school was in sight, the teen let out a sigh of relief, soft smile taking over her pout. Running up the steps and flinging the doors wide open, her eyes scanned the bustling students.

All eyes were on her, boys, girls, and everyone in between taking turns to glance at the bubbly cheerleader. Anyone who was anyone had some sort of sexual relation to the girl, Y/N being an attractive attention seeker.

She didn't find it shameful or embarrassing, rather basking in the jealous glares and enamoured stares. If there was anything that the rich girl lived off of, it was attention. Whether it was from the lack of it that she received at home or not, no one dared to question her desires.

Strolling up to the other cheerleaders with a smile on her perfectly painted face, Y/N greeted them sweetly as she usually did, her smile only faltering to a knowing smirk at the feel of a weighted arm being lazily thrown over her shoulder.

"Nicky, Nicky. What'd I tell you about asking for favours at school," the girl giggled and turned to look up at her brother's best friend, mischief playing at her expression.

"No more favours, doll. Your brother caught on. I also got someone who's caught my eye," the Texan replied with a wink.

"Then what is it that you want?" She groaned and rolled her eyes, patience running thin.

"I think George has been eyeing you. Maybe you should try that street," the brunet tutted before pulling away, starting on his walk to the library.

"Eyeing me? George? I thought he didn't swing for cheerleaders?" Y/N scoffed, a brow raised in confusion.

"He definitely does. Who did you think he swung for?" Nick called over his shoulder, head shaking lightly.

"The basketball team!" She shouted back, sly grin plastered against glossy lips.

Throughout the day, Y/N couldn't focus. The cow-print painted acrylic nail on her right pinkie was nestled between her lips, teeth lightly prodding at it in distant thought. No matter the class, her pondering position remained, Nick's words on repeat in her mind.

Y/N couldn't shake the feeling it brought her knowing that George might possibly find her attractive and want to engage in more than just stolen glances when he hung out in their living room or kitchen with her brother.

As soon as the final bell rung, Y/N was out of her class, waving off to her fellow cheerleaders to let them know she wouldn't be at the game. Instead, she'd be at the community centre's pool, a tight red bathing suit hugging her figure prettily.

Dashing through the streets, the rich girl weaved between groups of teens, eyes focused on her destination up ahead. In the distance was the community centre, her home away from home. If anything could brighten her mood, it was lifeguarding.

Stepping into the building and heading straight for the locker rooms, Y/N got dressed for work before stepping out onto the deck, taking a deep inhale to let the scent of diluted chlorine pass through her body.

"Y/N! You beat me today," a soft chuckle rang out behind the girl, a kind kiss pressed against her neck following the warm greeting.

"Hands off at work, Luke," she snickered and swatted at his arm playfully, pulling a feign pained wince from the blond.

"It's just us right now," the boy cooed lightly as his arms wrapped around Y/N's waist, pulling her body into his chest snugly.