Why her?

Lindsey didn't come home until much later that same night. He had a lot on his mind to process. First of all, the wedding he had forced himself to attend, didn't happen and also, he found out he was a father. He and Stevie had a four month old son, named Aaron and if not Christine, he most likely would have never found out about him. He was questioning his reaction, when he was alone with Stevie. He should have been angrier with her, he was supposed to yell at her, call her everything horrible he could think of, but none of it happened. True, he was hurt, he would have never imagined she could have done something like what she did. But then that was where it stopped. Lindsey was excited more than anything. 

Sighing, Lindsey entered the living room, where Kristen was obviously waiting for him. What was he going to tell her? Was she going to be mad and leave him? What did he want to happen anyway?

"You fucked her already?"

"I somehow expected to be asked this." He sat down on the coffee table, right in front of the woman he was supposed to get married to earlier today.

"Did you?"

"No, Kristen. Stevie and I talked, because god knows we needed to."

"Maybe you think that. She gave birth to your child and didn't bother saying a word."

"It's not that simple. It's never been with us."

"What did she have to say for herself? I bet she's not even sorry!"

"I would appreciate it if you weren't talking this way about Stevie, you don't know her."

"What she's done gives me a great idea of what kind of person she is."

"I get it that you're upset, Kristen. By now we should have been married, it all got ruined and you're ought to not be too happy right now."

"I'm not, believe me! I knew being with you was going to be difficult, but one part our relationship shouldn't involve is that woman, Lindsey. You two separated, you should be over each other."

"That's the thing, we never are."

"I don't think I can go on then, I'm not sharing you with her."

"You don't have to share me, Kristen. And now that I know about Aaron, I am going to be around Stevie as much as our son. You'll have to deal with it."

"That is if she let's you be around him."

"I'm going to see them tomorrow."

"Well, this is fucking great!"

"What did you expect? That I'm not going to want to meet my own child?"

"You didn't know about him until today, you were fine."

"You did not just say that..."

"I didn't mean it... I just... I'm so confused by what happened, I..."

"No, Kristen. You know perfectly well, what it is you said."

"Lindsey, I'm sorry! I know how important this is for you. I should have just kept my mouth shut."

"Yeah, you should have." He stood up, making some space between them. "I did a lot of thinking."

"While you were with her, talking, you mean?"

"No. I spent hours on my own."

"I'm shocked you didn't have her bent over the second everyone left."

"Kristen!" He couldn't stop himself from shouting. "You don't even know Stevie, how can you talk about her like this? What has she done to you? You know why I've missed out on the first months of my son? Because she didn't want to break you and me apart!"