【𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈】

I couldn't believe what just happened and took in a deep breath. He kissed me. We kissed. The God of Mischief kissed me. And he will do it again, isn't that what he said before leaving?

'We will continue this when I'm back.' His words were ringing in my head. Was this just another moment where Loki was being nice right before he would degrade and hate me again? I hoped that this wasn't the case and I finally broke the walls he had built around himself after all these fights.

But the most amazing thing was what he said right before leaving. 'You are special.'

I smiled and closed my eyes, taking in this unknown feeling. My lips were still begging to be touched again, as was my whole body. Loki did something to me, no one before was able to do. No person brought out this side of me, where I wanted- no, where I needed to be kept safe in the arms of the person who had put a knife to my throat seconds earlier. I never wanted to need to be protected. I wanted to be independent, left alone and cold but now Loki came into my life and kissed me. He almost killed me several times but had also protected me. He made me feel so worthless but so special, so weak but so powerful. He had managed to supress the dominant side of me that I pretended to have to protect myself and brought out my true self, which I didn't even know myself. He somehow knew who I really was, although I didn't even know that myself and I feel like he knew what I needed.

And now he was on his way into a cave of a giant wolf, who will possibly kill him. Damn it.

He made clear that I may not leave the sled and that I are to wait as long as it takes Loki to come back but what if he needed help? Of course, I was nothing compared to the strengths of the two god-like beings but I did help him with the giants...It'd have severe consequences if I disobeyed Loki but I somehow wanted to know what Lokis definition of 'consequences' was. It was probably not the right time to figure that out, for he finally opened up a bit and got closer to me and I should not risk that.

So I waited. It felt like years and I didn't hear a thing. Everything was silent, not even the servants made a noise. I nervously chew on my lip and my leg started shaking as a sign of my nervousness and anxiety. And then I heard it. The blasting howl. Fenrir.

It sounded victorious and confident and I couldn't stand not being able to see if Loki was hurt or not. Meanwhile I was walking up and down in the sled and debated whether to go in there and risk my life once again or to be the good pet Loki wanted me to be. I found myself longing to be this good pet for him, although I used to hate this nickname so much. Now I kind of felt like it belonged to me. I was Lokis pet and I would be good for him. But not today. As I heard something crashing in the cave, I jumped out of the sled and entered the immense cave without thinking. My inner voice only screamed one thing: Loki.

The entry of the cave was dark and I had no clue where I was going, but I just followed my intuition and the fighting sounds that began shortly after I started running again.

The path I was following got bigger and after a few seconds of running I saw them. I knew Fenrir was monstrous and way taller than a normal wolf but I wasn't expecting this. He had thick, dark fur, green eyes and bared his teeth, which were easily bigger than my foot. I searched for Loki and found him, but not as I wished to find him. He was laying on the floor, trying to reach his weapon, but Fenrir attacked him once more. Loki jumped back to his feet and spread his arms, magic flowing through his whole body. His eyes lit up green and Fenrir stopped in place, not being able to move anymore. The immense power that was going on between the two of them caused an impact and Lokis weapon got thrown away. I remembered that he wasn't able to use all of his magic and I calculated that he wasn't able to keep Fenrir in place much longer. In his face I saw desperation, anger, exhaustion and fear. I had to do something. I would not watch Loki die. I didn't do it the last time he was in danger and I would not do it now, although this time the possibility of me dying was way higher than the last time.