•2•

(A/n: This is Johnny's pov - from the same morning)

~New Neighbour~

Johnny was abruptly woken up to what he believed to be the sounds of cars. He was used to the sounds of cars driving past, he lived on a busy street. This was different though, it sounded like they were pulling up at his house. Johnny made himself presentable and looked out of his window. What he saw shocked him. There was a large moving van and car which looked to be a 7 seater.

Suddenly, a man and a woman, who looked to be in their 30s, stepped out of the car, followed by a brown haired boy that seemed to be around his age and a blonde girl who looked to be in her early teens. Then, another girl got out of the car, she also looked around his age and was holding a baby that looked no older than two in her arms. The woman from earlier went over and took the baby from the girl and into the house whilst the boy called the girl over to the moving van.

Johnny moved away from his window and ran downstairs to tell his family the news. He found them all sitting around the dining table eating breakfast. His parents were sitting on one side of the table, talking about something he didn't pay attention to and his sisters sat on the other side chatting about their plans for the day. Lauren was the first to notice him. Quickly followed by everyone else in the room.
"Glad you decided to join us." Lauren teased Johnny as he went over to the pantry to grab the cereal. Johnny rolled his eyes and ignored her as he sat down at the table.

"Did you know there's people moving in next door?" Johnny questioned, breaking the silence, catching the attention of the whole table, especially the youngest Orlando child.
"Really?" Lauren asked excitedly, interested in the topic.
"That's what I said isn't it?" Johnny countered.
"Well, the Johnsons (basic name I know) did move out at this week but I didn't expect the new family to move in that quickly!" Meredith (Johnny's mum/mom) answered Lauren's question, stopping an argument between the two youngest Orlando children.

The sounds of chairs being pulled back filled the room as the Orlando parents finished breakfast and went to do their own thing, leaving the four Orlando children together at the table still.
"Is there any our age?" Lauren asked Johnny , wondering if she could be friends with any of their new neighbours.
"There was a boy and girl who looked like they were our age." Johnny replied as Lauren squealed, excited that the girl would be a potential friend of hers.
"I couldn't see anyone's faces though, so they might not be." Johnny added, trying to stop Lauren from squealing any longer.

"How many people were there?" Maddie asked, now also curious about their new neighbours.
"There was a man and a woman, probably in their 30s, the boy and girl I told you about, a younger looking girl and a baby who looked about 2." Johnny answered.
"Ooo, we should meet them, I bet the baby is so cute and maybe the girl would want to be friends with me, maybe even the boy, just friends though don't worry!" Lauren rambled as soon as Johnny finished his sentence.
"Woah, calm down Lauren!" Darian interrupted her before she could continue.

————————————————

(A/n: Around 17 minutes later)

Johnny was sat on his windowsill, watching tiktoks on his phone, bored. He was wondering what he would do, as it was only 11am in the morning and he still had the whole day ahead of him. After a few minutes of contemplating, he decided to just look out at the street to see if he could think of anything, when he felt someone's eyes on him. He looked over at the window across from him and watched as the girl from earlier quickly looked away and walked further into the room.

————————————————
(A/n: Just over 5 minutes later)

Johnny had decided to go back downstairs and bother Lauren, since Maddie and Darian had gone out around 20 minutes ago. They decided to go in the pool seeing's as it was quite a hot day. Whilst they were there they heard people talking and, with them being nosy, decided to see who it was. Once they got out of the pool they first looked over the gate to the house to right of theirs. There was no one there, so they decided to look over the other side of their fence to the house right of theirs.

The teenage Orlando siblings saw the three older children that Johnny had seen earlier. "Is that them?" Lauren whispered to Johnny, trying to get a better look at the siblings.
"Yeah." Johnny whispered back as he moved away from the fence, pulling Lauren with him.
"What are you doing?" Lauren whisper yelled at Johnny, annoyed she couldn't get a better look at their new neighbours and possible new friends.
"Making sure we don't get caught snooping! Otherwise they'll think we're creeps and not want to be friends with us!" Johnny whisper argued back, quickly explaining the situation to Lauren.

"Well that would be bad!" Lauren answered, now in her normal voice, after a moments pause.
"Exactly!" Johnny exclaimed, showing he was correct.
"Do you wanna go back inside?" Lauren asked, now shivering, since the adrenaline from seeing her new neighbours now wearing off and the cold settling in.
"Yeah." Johnny replied as he shivered. The younger Orlando siblings made their way back into their house and had a warm shower and changed into warm clothes