Chapter 24: Somber Presage

Start from the beginning

"Of course he'd pick us!", grinned Wilbur. He looked at the rest of the champions before telling me that we had some competition ahead. We watched as Minx and Schlatt arrived with a large box. "We will start to pair each champion for the first round!", grinned Minx before placing the box down. Schlatt smirked as he pulled out names, my wings appeared as the process began, they tingled with excitement to see who would go first. Wilbur chuckled as he stood next to me, the first match was Ponk against 5up. I looked over to Ponk and he looked ready to fight, much to my surprise the fighter by the name 5up was no older than Fundy. "Oh my, he's just a child...", I frowned. Wilbur agreed, he commented how he'd never allow his son to participate in these things. "Sally would have a heart attack if he got injured!", exclaimed Wilbur. I held back a laugh, I truly knew he was the one that would die from a heart attack especially if he found out Tommy had been teaching Fundy how to use a sword.

The next match would be Dream against Wilbur. "This is going to be good.", smirked Wilbur. His fingertips had sparks from the excitement, I chuckled before my name was pulled out along with Sapnap's name. Sapnap grinned and waved at me, I giggled as I waved back. The next battles were shown on the board. Wilbur and I excitedly looked for Tommy's and Ranboo's matches. "Oh, they got this!", grinned Wilbur.

 "Oh, they got this!", grinned Wilbur

"You're right... they got this.", I smiled. We went to our places as the first battle began. Ponk smiled and began to attack, much to our surprise the boy blocked him and began to attack. We watched in anticipation as they both fought. "That kid's skilled!", gasped Wilbur. I nodded and grinned as they continued, as expected Ponk came out victorious. "It's not a surprise, he's been in charge of Valtameris army since Sam became King.", I smiled. We congratulated Ponk while waving at him, we also cheered for 5up as they went back towards their entrance. The boy smiled before waving at us and disappearing after Ponk.

"I'll be watching your match with everyone else, Wilby! Good luck!", I grinned. He smiled before hugging me, I patted his back as I reassured him to do his best. He nodded and waited for his entrance to be announced, I ran towards the stairs and flew up towards the highest floor. "Be careful, (Y/n)!", shouted Minx as I passed her going down the stairs.

Luckily, I made it to Technos balcony, he sat there with the kids seated beside him. Tubbo looked a bit upset and I could understand why. "Sorry to have taken your place, Tubbo.", I frowned. The boy sighed before telling me that it was okay. Techno gave me a small smile before patting the seat between him and Tommy. The trumpets began to resonate as Schlatt introduced the next match. "Ladies and Gents, for our next match we need to welcome the legend, the son of Death and Life... Wilbur, The Merciless One!", shouted Schlatt.

Wilbur stepped into the ring, Tommy and I shouted his name as the coliseum roared with cheers and applause. He turned to grin at us, his eyes then focused on Techno and gave him a nod. Techno nodded before giving him the gentle smile, we grinned in anticipation as the crowd calmed down a bit. Wilbur then waved at Kristen and Philza who sat on top of the announcer's tower. Our parents look proudly at Wilbur before waving at him.